SHIFT: No Weekends
Up to 10K SIgn on Available
Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center is a 133-bed facility that opened June 7, 2010. SRMC provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services including emergency, women’s services, orthopedic, cardiac care and behavioral health services. Our surgical services include robotic-assisted technology, allowing our surgeons to operate with the tiniest incisions and with greater vision, precision and control.
At Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center we put patients first by focusing on the highest quality patient care practices and advanced technologies while keeping patient safety a top priority. You'll be treated as an individual, with compassion and care. Patients first means excellent service, every patient, every time.
Intensive Care Unit
- 12 bed unit
- The cohesive team operates in a “Live Excellence Culture”.
- Outstanding Physician/Nurse relationship.
- Experienced and supportive leadership team that afford the opportunity for you to learn and grow.
What will you do?
- Demonstrates clinical competency to practice within the unit Scope of Care.
Organizes and prioritizes nursing care for a unit specific patient assignment.
- Administers all medications utilizing the 5 rights to medication administration.
- Demonstrates competency in patient teaching and discharge planning including family and/or significant other in collaboration with multidisciplinary team members.
- Communicates effectively with staff, peers, supervisors, ancillary department, internal and external customers.
- Utilizes quality improvement as basis to improve unit/departmental process.
- Pursues professional growth and development.
- Maintains unit readiness for regulatory surveys.
- Assumes accountability for decisions and actions.
- Contributes to the smooth operation of the unit.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge pertinent to AACN nursing standards of practice.
- Ensures Patient/Family Centered Care is provided in the department.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required
- Provides direct nursing care, in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of SRMC.
- Exhibits nursing characteristics of the Synergy Model as outlined in the Nursing Strategic Plan: Clinical Judgment/Advocacy/moral agency, Caring Practices, Collaboration, Systems thinking, Response to diversity, Clinical inquiry/innovator/evaluator, Facilitator of learning of patient/family educator.
Benefits we offer:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Disability Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Discount Program
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Tuition Reimbursement
Required - Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
Preferred - BSN degree or currently enrolled in BSN Program.
Required - Current licensure as an RN in the state of Virginia or compact license
Required - Current certification as an AHA BLS Healthcare Provider required upon hire and ACLS required within 6 months (180 days) of hire or start date in position.
Preferred - Current certification in specialty field.
Preferred - Minimum of two years of experience as a RN with demonstrated competency in critical care skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.