SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Charge Registered Nurse – Cardiovascular Progressive Care Unit
Full-time – FT Days 7A – 7P
Medical City North Hills is an award-winning 164-bed acute care hospital located in the heart of northeast Tarrant County in North Richland Hills. The hospital offers a full range of services, specializing in heart and vascular services, orthopedics, surgery, and emergency care and has been recognized as a Top Performer by The Joint Commission for 2013 - 2015.
Under the general supervision of the unit’s Director or designee the Charge Registered Nurse (Charge RN) assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions in the unit on his/her designated shifts. In collaboration with other members of the management team, this individual is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in unit.
• Assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions during the designated shift.
• Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff.
• Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided when s/he is on duty.
• Makes decisions regarding activities within these areas based on Administrative Operational Standards, Nursing Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Standards of Care for the unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
• ADN required; BSN preferred;
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
• Current licensure as a Registered Nurse. Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted; Texas State RN license required within 30 days of hire.
• Current BLS required, ACLS required for critical care departments.
• Minimum of three (3) years of clinical practice in the clinical specialty of the unit.
• Leadership and management experience is highly desirable.
• Knowledge of TJC and Medicare standards.