SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Patient Care Assistant (PCA)
PRN FTE 0.1
St. Lucie Medical Center
Port St. Lucie, FL
St. Lucie Medical Center is a 229-bed acute care facility accredited by The Joint Commission and designated a Top Performing Hospital. Since 1983, SLMC has continually provided quality care to the Treasure Coast community. The combined efforts of more than 350 skilled physicians and more than 800 dedicated employees have resulted in one of the most comprehensive healthcare facilities in Port St. Lucie. St. Lucie Medical Center offers a full range of services that include a birthing center, cardiac catheterization lab, cancer care, minimally-invasive techniques, digital mammography, general and vascular surgery and wound care and hyperbarics. It is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, Blue Distinction Maternity Care and Blue Distinction+ for Hip and Knee. Additionally, SLMC is home to the only Senior-Friendly ER and Orthopedic & Spine Institute.
St. Lucie Medical Center is a member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. Historically HCA has been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of excellence!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package,
including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work
with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life,
disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee
stock purchase program.
Working under the supervision of a RN, the Patient Care Assistant performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients.The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
- Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
- Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens.
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- High School Graduate or equivalent preferred.
- FL Certified Nurse Assistant Licensure required.
- Current BLS Certification as a Healthcare Provider (American Heart Association)
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to make quick decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.