SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
We are currently offering a SIGN ON BONUS OF UP TO $5,000 for eligible candidates!
Medical City Fort Worth
At Medical City Fort Worth, There is a Difference.
Registered Nurse (RN) Nephrology Transplant
Work Schedule: Full-Time(Days)7a-7apRotating Weekends
Inpatient transplant ICU step down unit.
Receive fresh kidney and liver transplant patients from ICU, care for pre and post-transplant patients and clean PCU overflow
120+ kidney transplants per year, est. 10-12 liver transplants per year.
Average daily census of unit 12-16 patients
Works closely with CVICU to prep, recover, and move patients based on acuity
Bedside RN caring for PCU, pre and post-transplant patients, kidney and liver evaluation patients
Comprehensive transplant education takes several months. Nurse will start taking stable PCU patients and advance as competent to take higher acuity transplant patients.
Provide competent care and excellent customer service. Performance measured by patient outcomes, service excellence, error reporting, and teamwork
- 320-bed MAGNET facility
- Established in 1974, Medical City Fort Worth is part of Medical City Healthcare, one of the region’s largest, most comprehensive health care providers.
- Offering comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services, including cardiac care, neurosciences, oncology, orthopedics, kidney transplant surgery, and emergency care…Accredited by The Joint Commission
- Our greatest honor doesn’t come just from awards. It comes from helping people live happier, healthier lives through cutting-edge diagnostic treatment and exceptional patient care.
- GRADUATED FROM AN ACCREDITED SCHOOL OF NURSING WITH A BSN TEXAS OR COMPACT RN LICENSURE OR ABLE TO OBTAIN
- American Heart BLS AND ACLS
- ICU, PCU, or surgical experience
- Ability to Care for 3-4:1 patient ratios
- Ability to multitask and cope with frequent care plan changes
- Certification, PCCN or CCTN
- Transplant experience
- Experience with immunocompromised patients