Charge Registered Nurse (RN) - Orthopedics (Ortho)
McKinney, TX, United States
This job posting is no longer active.
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Charge Registered Nurse (RN)
Unit: Orthopedics / Ortho
Work Schedule: Full Time Nights, 7pm-7am (rotating weekends)
We are currently offering a SIGN ON BONUS for eligible candidates!
Medical City McKinney is a growing 260-bed hospital that is proud of our history of serving the health care needs of the residents of McKinney and our surrounding communities for more than 90 years. Change and innovation have marked our commitment to our growing community's needs.
The Orthopedic Charge Registered Nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Texas State RN license or compact license accepted
- Must have a minimum of one year experience of acute care hospital environment
- minimum 1 year of leadership, Charge, Supervisor Experience
- Current BLS issued by the American Heart Association