SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Blake Medical Center: The
Best is Yet to Come. #ChangingCulture #ImprovingCommunities
Blake Medical Center is seeking a dedicated nurse to join our Progressive Care family. Apply online today!
Blake Medical Center is located in Bradenton, Florida, just minutes from the beautiful Gulf Coast beaches of Manatee County. Our 383-bed, level II trauma center and has received official verification by the American College of Surgeons. Our Internal Medicine Residency Training Program will formally begin in July of 2016, allowing us to accept and teach resident physicians at our hospital. Blake is also a proud recipient of the American Heart Association’s Gold Fit Friendly Designation for our above and beyond dedication to employees’ health. Also, our Florida community, North Port-Sarasota-Bradenton, ranks No. 3 overall and No. 1 in financial well-being on the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index®.
Our PCU is a 42 bed
Progressive Care Unit.
Cardiac Progressive Care
Stroke, CHF, Pre/Post
Cath Lab, Post pacer
Some post-op open heart
(>48 hours post op)
drips (“titrate to off” / weaning only)
Make excellence your goal by joining Blake Medical Center. We are seeking only the best nursing talent! Apply online today!
- Nursing Diploma or ASN required, BSN preferred
- Current Florida State Registered Nursing license
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) through American Heart Association required
- Current ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) preferred; required within 6 months of hire
- Minimum one year RN experience preferred
- Prior completion of a formal telemetry course preferred
- Prior Cardiac PCU experience desired
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds