SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Parkland Medical Center, a 86-bed acute care facility, is located in the heart of Derry, New Hampshire. We are a Trauma III facility that offers a wide range of services such as heart and vascular care, robotics surgery, interventional spine and pain care, and behavioral health. Through our partnerships with The Lahey Hospital & Medical Center and the New England Heart Institute (NEHI), we bring specialized medicine by highly skilled physicians, innovative approaches to treatment and advanced technology to our communities.
Registered Nurse, Surgical Specialty Unit
Full Time, Nights
The nurse in the Surgical Specialty Unit will ensure that all hospitalized patients and their families receive nursing care that promotes optimal patient outcome. The patient population on this unit is primarily patients undergoing elective surgical procedures such as orthopedics specifically total joints, spinal surgery, GYN and breast health surgery as well as general surgery and pediatrics.
- Treat post-op patients in a comfortable environment
- Opportunities for professional growth and development, with potential cross training in Labor & Delivery for interested staff
- Nurse to patient ratio based on acuity
- Patient centered care with a focus on patient and employee rounding from all levels of staff
Incorporates appropriate assessment and intervention skills in all interactions and delivery of nursing care
Organizes multitask workload; prioritizes tasks/work; seeks assistance; collects/integrates data from multiple sources; organizes/delivers care for multiple patient assignment
Provides information to patient; assesses for barriers to learning; uses colleagues as a resource as appropriate; provides counseling about health behaviors, supports the preceptor model
Acknowledges the impact illness/hospitalization has on patients and families; recognizes the importance of teamwork among care providers; adapts care management for diverse populations and environments; advocates for needs of clients
- One year of nursing experience
- Preferred experience in medical/surgical or similar
Certification and Licensure:
- New Hampshire RN license or Compact License when applicable
- BSN preferred
- Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
- Starting in 2019, for full time and part time employees, we will be offering an industry leading Student Loan Assistance Program!