SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
People. Performance. Possibilities. These words describe the focus of our Human Resources Group here at HCA, a Fortune 100 company with over 200,000 employees in 20 states and the UK. Our HR team of over 1400+ can provide a broad range of HR career paths within one organization. Come join our team to help support our mission “Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.”
The HR Service Center (HRSC) Tier I Representative is a member of the HR Service Center team, responsible for providing front-line customer service and support to employees (active and inactive), managers, HR Field staff, and company vendors for questions, issues, and problems related to HR and Payroll Tier I. The HRSC Tier I Customer Service Representative will perform administrative, and data/records management activities in support of HR and HRIS functions, including interpreting life-cycle reports, onboarding, status change, compensation, separations, etc. The HRSC Customer Support Tier I Representative will work under direction from the HRSC Supervisor to ensure HR service delivery is consistently high-quality.
This role would be working a shift, Monday thru Friday with rotating weekends. This also would be working on-site (BNA Area) and is not a remote position. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
The HRSC Customer Service Representative Tier I will be responsible for some or all of the following under direction of a HR Shared Services Supervisor:
- Provide excellent customer service by answering hrAnswers telephone calls, documents all customer inquiries and resolutions received via phone calls, Ask HR, Chat, mailboxes or other alternative streams of input in order to identify, diagnose, and initiate research necessary to resolve customer issues in a timely manner, as needed.
- Provides support within a HR Line of Business.
- Assists with processing of customer service requests.
- Clearly communicates problem symptoms and consults with Customer Service Tier 2 representatives as necessary to aide in resolving customer issues/requests and ensure all pertinent information is included.
- Escalates unresolved issues as needed.
- Continually works to expand current and upcoming knowledge within HR.
- Performs any other duties as requested.
- Handle requests for administrative tasks and inquiries by collecting required information or back-up documentation from employee/manager/HR, including probing for additional information if unclear, sending requested documents, etc.
- Perform transaction processing in support of HR functions, including data entry, filing, sending correspondence, etc.
- Provide help on navigating internal resources on self-service and HR technology tools. Respond to electronic employee requests for HR tool support and guidance on reports.
- Manage workload efficiently to fulfill commitments in a timely manner
- Perform required tasks in accordance with established service level agreements (SLAs)
- Must be available and equipped with internet in order to work from home on an as needed bases due to business needs. ie. Inclement Weather
- Less than 1 year of experience
- HR knowledge and customer service experience is preferred
- College Undergraduate Degree
- Other as Noted: Significant and direct experience in a customer service center environment may be considered in lieu of college degree requirement
- Prior knowledge of HR concepts and terminology
- Able to manage multiple priorities, think tactically and strategically, demonstrate objectivity, be results-oriented, and show initiative and creativity
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong computer skills and technical capabilities, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office and Lawson HRMS
- Must be flexible, work well under pressure, and have the ability to readily adapt to change