DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Workforce Scheduling Analyst.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Workforce Scheduling Analyst to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It’s an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we’re connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
Our employees come first. We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, student loan repayment, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, and identity theft protection.
The Workforce Scheduling Analyst is responsible for creating nursing and support staff schedules from draft through approval and posting as well as shift to shift staffing of units. The Workforce Analyst is responsible for the scheduling of nursing staff on multiple units/specialties and or facility and allocating staff accordingly on a shift by shift basis to accommodate unit, patient, and employee needs. In collaboration with the Department Director of the respective units, the Workforce Analyst completes nursing staff schedules consistent with the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) and requirements specific to the unit/specialties and or facility. Responsibilities include:
· Responsible for the execution of the organizational methodology of labor allocation via scheduling and staffing of employees
· Creates labor schedules and executes decisions on staffing for organizational units within scope of responsibility
· Responsible for collaborative interfacing with Facility Chief Staffing Officer for the creation of daily labor allocation plans, communication of plans to unit and facility leadership and execution of plans at the unit level through the enforcement of the organization’s staffing model
· Independent decision maker regarding the development of daily labor allocation plans and actions to apply the organization’s staffing and scheduling policies and CBA constraints
· Works with Nursing Supervisors to collaboratively develop action items to facilitate efficient and effective coordination of patient throughput and staffing.
· Consults with the Facility Chief Staffing Officer to problem solve and or implement new policy and practices
· Knowledge and understanding of and the ability to make scheduling decisions congruent with the CBA
· Mastery of all Information Systems associated with creating nursing staff schedules and shift by shift staffing consistent with the CBA and requirements of the respective unit/specialty and or facility
· Ability to validate competencies, experience, and or certification/licensure of staff being scheduled
· Understands the relationship between staffing to core, minimum, and peak, and nurse: patient ratios
· Ensures Staffing Grid accuracy
· Scheduling decisions reflect an understanding of productivity and financial efficiency
· Demonstrates effective utilization of Full-time, Part-time, PRN, and Contract Labor FTEs
· Creates, distributes, and review reports (Incidental OT, Premium Pay, Fulfilling Commitments, etc.) with the respective unit manager/director
· Accurate documentation and data entry that reflects the efforts, communications, and processes associated with developing the final schedule
· Monitors real-time/daily/unit productivity and collaborates with unit leaders in meeting staffing needs and productivity standards
· Ability to forecast/project volume, census, and acuity
· Maintains professional relationships with internal and external customers (staff, directors, peers)
· Strong Communication skills as demonstrated by proactive communications with key customers and the ability to establish realistic expectations and communicate difficult decisions/information
· Appropriately schedules resources to specific units/specialties
· Develops expertise, credibility and trust among internal customers
· Ability to appropriately prioritize scheduling and staffing needs and requests when creating the Schedule and staffing the units
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
License, Certification, and/or Registration: