SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Highlands Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL
Cath Lab RN, PRN, .001 FTE
Highlands Regional Medical Center, located in Sebring, FL is a 126-bed inpatient, full service facility offering a full range of Emergency, Surgical, Inpatient and Outpatient services. Highlands Regional Medical Center offers the most advanced technology and attracts the most highly qualified physicians and surgeons in our area. Serving the surrounding counties with all the expertise and compassion at its command, Highlands Regional Medical Center has cared for the citizens of Highlands and its surrounding counties since 1965. As we grow, the hospital is becoming more and more important to the people throughout this area.
Expertly staffed and equipped, this full-service hospital provides the proper environment essential for patient progress and ultimate recovery. Highlands Regional Medical Center's personnel, consisting of highly trained professionals, form a dedicated healthcare team whose coordinated efforts assure consistent excellence in various medical specialties. Highlands Regional's modern facility is designed to meet the diversity of its patients’ needs, from emergency care, to outpatient care, to surgery.
We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.
The Cath Lab at Highlands does approximately 600 Diagnostic & Interventional cases per year in their single, state of the art Cath Lab Suite.
Equipment used: Phillips, Witt Monitoring, Volcano IVUS & FFR, Angiojet, CSI
Top 3 procedures done: Diagnostic Cath, Interventional Cath, Interventional Radiology (Peripheral Diagnostic & Intervention)
Top 3 patient diagnosis: MI, CAD, PAD
Hours, Days worked: M-F, 6:30 am to 2:30 pm
Call requirements: 2 days per week, every other weekend (F-S-S)
For RN: BLS, ACLS, 500 hours in an acute Cath Lab (or must be willing to obtain)
For Tech: CVT, CRT, RCIS preferred
Management Structure: Director only
Typical Department Orientation: 2 months or until competencies completed
Characteristics of candidates who would work best in this unit: Ability to work well with physicians and co-workers, team player, critical thinking/critical care skills, ability to handle high acuity, fast paced, emergent environment
Why would Techs/RNs want to work in this Cath Lab? Great, cohesive team, the physicians are engaged and want the best for patients and staff, wide variety of patient diagnosis and procedures, safety conscious environment, learning opportunities
The Cath Lab RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
FL RN Licensure, or
Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
Current certification as a BLS/ACLS Healthcare Provider.
- 500 hours previous Cath Lab experience required or willing to obtain
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing preferred
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.