SHIFT: No Weekends
Facilities Management Manager
Full Time (No Weekends)
Palms West Hospital
Since 1986, Palms West Hospital has celebrated excellence in healthcare. Our state-of-the-art 204-bed facility, centrally located in Palm Beach County, offers top-quality care in every category from preventative programs to elective, major, and emergency surgeries. Palms West Hospital has a dedicated Pediatric ER and full-service Children’s Hospital, offering dozens of pediatric healthcare services in one child-friendly place.
Palms West Hospital is located on a spacious 94-acre campus in Palm Beach County, just 12 miles from the Atlantic Ocean. The surrounding areas include Wellington, Royal Palm Beach and Loxahatchee. Wellington is known for its abundant parks, equestrian interests and quality schools. Money Magazine named Wellington as one of the “Best Places to Live” in 2016. Royal Palm Beach and Loxahatchee are known for their large acreage parcels, new homes, and equestrian community. Family Circle recognized Royal Palm Beach as one of the “Top 10 Best Towns for Families.”
Palms West Hospital is a member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies for ten consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.
Performs management of Plant Operations and engineering to provide preventative maintenance, emergency repairs, equipment management, utility management, life safety compliance, physical plant maintenance/repair, and coordination of construction/renovation projects and provide logistical planning and coordinating to engineering staff.
This position assumes the role of a Safety Officer and serves as the organization’s point person on management of the Environment of Care (EOC) with the goal of full compliance with all applicable regulatory agency requirements. As Safety Officer, the Manager will chair the Emergency Preparedness sub-committee. . The Manager of Plant Operations is fully involved in the quality improvement program of the hospital relating to safety and the Environment of Care. He/She manages physical space control, safety and Environment of Care of satellite buildings and departments, relocation of equipment and departments, landscaping, property development and the emergency preparedness program.
Job Description includes but is not limited to:
- Monitors the functions of the department through the appropriate assignment of responsibilities to staff and delegation of authority
- Effectively communicates with all levels, both within the department and with external customers, to coordinate efforts, meet special needs, and address problems or concerns; intentions of written and oral communications are clear and effective. Instructions are understood the first time. Manager communicates and obtains acceptance of ideas.
- Participates in quality improvement, fiscal, productivity, and patient satisfaction goals and objectives in conjunction with upper management
- Assists in the review of all department policies and procedures at least annually and revises, as needed. Assists in the development, implantation, and monitoring of new policies and procedures as assigned
- Evaluates existing systems and processes and recommends changes and improvements
- Screens, interviews, and makes recommendations for the selection of qualified individuals for open positions within the department
- Completes and conducts performance evaluations for all staff after three months of employment and annually within 30 days of anniversary
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associate's Degree preferred
- Must have at least three years' experience in healthcare engineering
- Must have three years' previous supervisory experience in a hospital or equivalent plant services operation
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.