SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse RN Burn Trauma ICU
Full-Time Nights 7P-7A
We are currently offering a SIGN ON BONUS OF UP TO $5,000 for eligible candidates!
The Burn Trauma ICU manages the nursing care to patients admitted to the hospital in an observation status in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides cardiopulmonary management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Medical City Plano
is a full-service, 513-bed acute-care facility with more than 2,070 employees and over 1,466 physicians on staff, representing over 70 specialties and sub-specialties. Our main campus in the heart of Plano includes the main hospital and medical offices, an outpatient surgery center, a comprehensive cancer-treatment center, an emergency and Level 1 trauma center, a radiology/imaging center, a comprehensive cardiovascular program, the Center for Lifestyle Enhancement, The Bariatric Institute, Wound Care Center and complete women's and children's services including a high-risk antepartum unit and a Level 3 neonatal intensive-care unit. We will be expanding our Burn/Trauma ICU from 18 to 30 beds with our new 90 bed patient tower opening October 2019!
to meet some of our team and to learn more about Medical City Plano!
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current licensure as an RN required; Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted
- Current AHA certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider and ACLS required
- ABLS preferred
- PALS required w/in 6 months of hire
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Pediatric and Adult ICU/CCU experience preferred
- Minimum one year hospital ICU or CCU experience required
- Minimum of 2 years of RN experience in Burn and or Trauma ICU preferred