DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Offering a sign-on bonus for experienced RNs
Sky Ridge Medical Center, which opened in Lone Tree, CO in 2003, is a full-service, destination hospital with 284 beds. We have a reputation for clinical excellence and world-class service, and have been recognized as one of the Top 20 Most Beautiful Hospitals in the country by Soliant. We offer compassionate care through our patient-centered programs, which include: adult and pediatric ERs, comprehensive Cancer Center, an advanced Wound Care Center, an award-winning Women’s Hospital, and a state-of-the-art Spine and Total Joint Center. With a reach that covers Highlands Ranch, Lone Tree, Parker, Castle Rock and Littleton, as well as Douglas and southern Arapahoe counties, Sky Ridge has become the hospital of choice for thousands. We’re proud to have orthopedic surgeons available 24/7, a Level II trauma center and around-the-clock emergency care available to meet the needs of our community. We strive to go beyond your expectations in service to you and your family.
This position, under the supervision of the Charge Nurse, appropriately coordinates and supervises patient care as provided by the patient care team. This care includes conducting initial and ongoing assessment of the patient and family, development of a family centered patient care plan and care path, family centered patient teaching, the identification of and correction of variances from the patient care path and the facilitation of discharge planning.
• Independently assesses patients and evaluates their needs.
• Formulates a patient specific care plan and updates every shift.
• Provides psychological and social support to the patient and family.
• Supports the philosophy and mission, vision, and values of Sky Ridge Medical Center through a positive interaction with all visitors on the unit.
• Participates in Quality Improvement activities.
• Facilitates and helps to promote a positive working environment.
• Ensures that all physician orders for patients under their care are acknowledged in Meditech.
• Understands how team performance contributes to the overall business success of the partnership.
• Successfully balances the need for cost effectiveness and other business goals with delivery of quality services.
• Considers sources in the performance of routine procedures.
• Keeps physicians and the Supervisor, Nursing Unit and/or Charge Nurse aware of significant information regarding the patient and family.
• Collaborates with other health care professionals regarding unusual situations, and seeks assistance as needed.
• Provides patient care for acutely ill patients which may require cardio/pulmonary care and monitoring , which follows the Nursing Process and adheres to the policies and procedures of the facility.
• Demonstrates ability to identify potentially critical changes in patient condition/cardiac rhythm and implement appropriate action.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must be able to demonstrate understanding of national patient safety initiatives by strict compliance to all safety protocols and procedures as required by both HCA and Sky Ridge Medical Center.
Demonstrates an ability to communicate, orally and in writing, clearly, effectively and in an open, accepting manner to diverse populations.
Possess excellent critical thinking skills leading to timely, sound decisions.
Ability to set and achieve goals and objectives.
Demonstrates an ability to adhere to the management behavioral standards of Sky Ridge Medical Center.
Must be able to demonstrate understanding of HCA's and Sky Ridge Medical Center’s safety initiative by strict compliance to all safety protocols and procedures.
Required: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing; 1-3 years of telemetry experience preferred.
Preferred: BSN, Ability to recognize cardiac rhythms
Required: Licensed in the state of Colorado as RN
BLS at time of hire
ACLS within first year
Complete basic and advanced EKG classes and well as Code Blue Bootcamp.
Follow the Clinical Education Pathway as outlined by the Medical/Telemetry Management Staff