This job posting is no longer active.
DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Heart Hospital of Austin, which is part of St. David’s HealthCare, is a 58-bed hospital and one of the highest performing cardiovascular facilities in the nation, specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease. It features a comprehensive 24-hour emergency department; an advanced Executive Wellness Program; six operating rooms (ORs), including three hybrid ORs; three catheterization labs; and electrophysiology services. It is home to one of the largest non-academic cardiovascular research programs in the world. Heart Hospital of Austin has been named a 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospital in the nation by IBM Watson Health for 12 years. Additionally, for four consecutive years, Healthgrades has awarded St. David’s Medical Center (which includes Heart Hospital of Austin and St. David’s Georgetown Hospital) the America’s 100 Best Hospitals Award.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
The CVICU at Heart Hospital of Austin is a 14 Bed Unit. Heart Hospital of Austin’s structural heart program provides innovative, multi-specialty care for patients with advanced and complex valvular heart disease. A specialized team of cardiothoracic surgeons and interventional cardiologists work together to ensure the best evaluation and treatment plan for each patient. The unit provides care for but not limited to patients recovery of post open heart surgery (1:1), post cardiac arrest (1:1), Vascular procedures, hypothermia, CVVH, VADS, Balloon pump patients.
This professional staff person is responsible for performing assessments, developing a plan of care, implementing and evaluating the care. The RN administers medications and treatments as ordered by physicians and in keeping with the current clinical nursing practice. The RN is responsible for directing, monitoring and evaluating the care delegated to non-licensed personnel. As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, the RN works collaboratively with the other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care. In addition, the RN performs a range of technical services in a cross-functional mode to comprehensively serve patient needs. Assumes, under the direction of the Laboratory, responsibility for patient specimen testing, quality control, quality improvement, and equipment maintenance.
• Ability to formulate an individualized plan of care and revise plan by the patient’s response to treatment. Evaluate plan regularly for effectiveness.
• Communicates appropriately and clearly to Resource Nurse, Team Leader, and Physician.
• Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac monitoring identifies dysrhythmias and treats appropriately based on protocol.
• Able to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients per policy.
• Able to monitor hemodynamic status of patient and correctly interpret the results.
• Consults other departments as appropriate to provide an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
• Coordinates and supervises patient care as necessary.
• Completes admission assessment and periodic reassessments according to patient’s progress and/or unit protocols and age-specific parameters.
• Documents findings and communicates all pertinent information to interdisciplinary team members as appropriate.
• Collaborates with interdisciplinary team members in the development, evaluation, and revision of the plan of care as appropriate to meet the patient’s needs and goals.
• Provides competent direct care and ensures the provision of a safe and comforting environment resulting in a high level of patient satisfaction.
• Assists healthcare team members in the understanding of hospital policies and procedures.
• Provides education to patients/families/significant others, incorporating age-specific criteria and assessment of readiness to learn.
• Maintains patient confidentiality. Maintains standard precautions. Maintains all necessary documentation.
• Administers medications and completes treatments according to hospital policy and within age-specific parameters.
• Facilitates discharge plan in collaboration with interdisciplinary team.
• Demonstrates knowledge and ability to use necessary patient care equipment.
• Coordinates response of the interdisciplinary team to emergency situations.
• Performs Point of Care procedures in a timely manner according to established policy and procedure. Documents required information and complies with all Point of Care quality control standards.
Staff/ Unit Responsibilities
• Delegates appropriately to non-licensed staff in accordance with job descriptions, license requirements, and standards of practice.
• Utilizes resources in an efficient and cost effective manner.
• Participates in developing other staff and affiliating students.
• Assists with recruiting and interviewing of competent staff.
• Assists staff in problem solving work issues and in adapting to the patient-focused care environment.
• Trains staff on hospital computer system.
• Assists with orientation, evaluation, and retention of clinical staff.
• Adheres to dress code, conduct and attendance policies.
• Accepts both positive and negative constructive feedback.
• Demonstrates individual responsibility for keeping current by attending meetings, in-services, reading minutes and listening to taped reports.
• Expresses self in an organized, comprehensive, articulate and concise manner.
• Offers input in specific work plans and due dates.
• Follows through on planned assignments within assigned timeframes.
• Effectively prioritizes assignments.
• Demonstrates a willingness to accept extra assignments.
• Adjusts to change, work pressures or different situations without undue stress.
• Demonstrates skill in developing improvements in work methods.
• Maintains positive relationships with internal customers. Is effective in interacting with and problem solving.
• Maintains positive relationships with external customers. Is effective in interacting with and problem solving.
• Proactive in meeting customer’s needs. Responds promptly to customer needs or requests.
• Keeps Team Leader informed of problems, recommends solutions.
• Participates in education/development of peers and other staff
• SDH Annual Education
• Attendance Requirements
• Adheres to Department Dress Code
• Code of Conduct Refresher Course
Minimum of one-year adult, acute care with cardiology/cardiovascular nursing.
Preferred: 2 + years Critical Care experience.
RN Licensure from an accredited school of nursing
Licenses and Certifications
Registered Nurse with current state licensure from the State of Texas
RN licensure from state with the Nursing Compact – required to get a Texas license within 90 days of hire
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.