SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
If you love the idea of serving a close-knit community of families and friends, we invite you to become a part of North Suburban Medical Center and join our expert Women’s Services medical team.
Located just 10 minutes north of Denver, our comprehensive Women's Center offers complete care for all pregnancy and childbirth needs. We pride ourselves on providing a personalized experience that focuses on what's most important for expecting women and their families—healthy moms and healthy babies.
North Suburban Medical Center has established a reputation as a facility responsive to patient and community expectations. Our mission, vision, and values were developed as guides so that we continuously understand and respond to our patient and community expectations.
We are proud of the high-quality care that we provide to patients here at North Suburban, as it aligns with our mission, which states: “Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.”
Must have a minimum of one year NICU II experience.
- The Registered Nurse must be able to demonstrate advanced knowledge and skills in the care of his/her patients. Each service also requires specialized skills.
- The delivery of care is based on criteria that is age appropriate and is based on the physical, psychosocial, cultural, safety and learning needs of the individual patient.
- The Registered Nurse may rotate to other areas other than his/her normally assigned service area/s, and will perform only those duties for which he/she has demonstrated competency.
- The Registered Nurse performs delegated duties consistent with his/her scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care delivery at NSMC.
- The Registered Nurse displays positive support for NSMC as well as the entire HealthONE organization. S/he will exemplify North Suburban’s core values of Safety, Compassion, Integrity, Connection, Communication and Commitment in all interactions with patients, staff members and physicians.
- The special care nursery RN cares for low risk and high risk infants.
- The Special care RN can stabilize and care for any gestational age infant. S/he can manage acute infants on ventilators with umbilical lines requiring 1:1 care, stable preemies and the low risk term neonate.
- The Special Care RN assess each infant per policy, performing a complete head to toe assessment.
- S/he assists with feedings, providing support and education for breast and bottle feeding.
- S/he provides age appropriate education/teaching for parents/family members.
- The Special Care RN will also attend low and high risk deliveries as needed following NRP guidelines.
Our colleagues come first. We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met.
401(k) with 100% Annual Match
Stock Purchase Plan
Paid Family Leave
Student Loan Assistant
Clinical Certifications Support
Scholarships for Dependents
Financial Wellness and Coaching
Education and College Advising
Licensure/Certification/Registration - required at hire:
- Current Registered Nurse License
- Current BCLS
- Current NRP
- S.T.A.B.L.E. preferred
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing; BSN desirable.
- 1 to 2 years acute care/ specialty nursing is desirable; able to articulate and demonstrate appropriate nursing theory and practice.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Provides safe and appropriate patient care within the Standards of Nursing Practice at NSMC.
- Displays appropriate judgment and problem solving skills.
- Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers.