SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Founded in 1976, Northside Hospital is a 288-bed facility
located in the heart of South Pinellas County, Florida. Northside is part of the HCA West Florida
Division of Hospitals, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery
and diagnostic imaging facilities, and a complete continuum of specialized
healthcare programs that meet the healthcare needs of residents and businesses
in West and Central Florida communities.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our
colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in
our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Transporter to help
us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
The Transporter is responsible for greeting and transporting patients to and from all major ancillary departments using proper safety techniques and mode of transportation. On occasion, assists other hospital personnel in moving deceased patients to the morgue. Job tasks and responsibilities include:
- Transport patients to and from clinical, ancillary and support areas as requested.
- Assist clinical personnel in transferring patients to and from beds, wheelchairs or stretchers.
- Greet and offer assistance to customers throughout the hospital.
- Collect and deliver specimens, orders, requisitions and equipment to appropriate destinations.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
Job qualifications include:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- At least one year of related experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- enrolled in healthcare courses preferred
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Current BLS through the American Heart Association is required.