SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
The operating room team at Presbyterian St. Luke's Medical Center is a tight knit group of hard-working, dedicated nurses with a passion for improving lives. If you have leadership experience as an operating room registered nurse and are interested in becoming a part of our surgical services nursing team, this could be your next career opportunity. We’re hiring top RN talent today. Apply online now.
Why Choose P/SL?
• Located in downtown Denver, we are the largest hospital in
Colorado and the only tertiary/quaternary care facility in a
• We render patient care to a wide range of patients from
several surrounding towns and states
• We embrace diversity and learning within our 18 OR
• Our staff appreciates our facility location, friendly physicians,
unique procedure mix
• We have a highly skilled team of Registered Nurses and
Surgical Technicians that make our operating room the place
to be whether you’re a patient or an employee
About our Spine Service Line:
We have the best technology currently available to treat spine issues, including the StealthStation® surgical navigation system that enables our surgeons to perform more precise procedures.
• Artificial Discs of Cervical and Lumbar Spine
• Discectomy for Herniated Discs
• Correction of Complex Deformities
• Spinal Fusion Including Cervical Spinal Fusion
• Kyphoplasty and Vertebroplasty
• Neuromodulation for Chronic Back and Neck Pain
• Diagnostic and Therapeutic Spine Injection
Position Summary: The CNC is an RN who demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to his or her patients and to provide direction and supervisions to other staff caring for patients in his or her patient care department/unit. Delivery of care to patients is based on criteria that are specific to the physical, psychosocial, cultural, safety and learning needs of that individual, depending on age and developmental level and on competence of staff assigned to that department. The CNC reviews patient care daily, visits patients regularly, making suggestions to improve care and becomes involved in the care of selected patients. The CNC organizes, coordinates, and facilitates patient care on her/his department/unit during all operating hours. The CNC performs delegated management duties, assigned by the Patient Care Director, which are consistent with her/his scope of nursing practice and competence. The CNC demonstrates an understanding of the budget process and staffing plan, implementing cost-effective strategies in staffing and supply management decisions. She/he participates in the interviewing, monitoring, coaching, evaluating and disciplining process. The CNC supports the mission, vision, and values, goals and objectives of Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center and the HealthONE organization.
The scope and complexity of the CNC position will vary based on the number of beds/visits/procedures in the department, acuity of patients, FTEs supervised, number of different medical staff and medical staff services involved, “normal working hours” responsibility or 24/7 responsibility, the activity level of admissions, discharges and transfers per day, and the education resources available.
Here is what we can offer you:
• Tuition Reimbursement & Student Loan Repayment
• Certification Bonus and Voucher system
• Dependent Scholarship
• 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
• Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
• Financial Wellness Program with a CFP
$10K Sign-on Bonus with 2 year commitment and must have 2 years experience as an Operating Room RN
(internal candidates not eligible for bonus)EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing (required) (BSN preferred)LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION:
• RN License in Colorado(required)
• American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)EXPERIENCE:
• 3+ years Operating Room RN experience