SHIFT: No Weekends
Del Sol Medical Center is a Level II Trauma, 347 bed acute care TJC accredited hospital. Within our hospital campus, we also house an Inpatient, CARF accredited Rehabilitation Hospital. We are located on the Eastside of El Paso, Texas right off of Interstate 10. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
The Director is responsible for the care
given to patients within 5 South Medical Unit; day to day departmental
operations and productivity; future development and budgetary projections for
the service line. The Director ensures 5
South Medical Unit maintains the highest degree of efficiency and safety in
providing quality care in 5 South Medical Unit including quality improvement,
staff competency, inventory control and cost containment, patient satisfaction,
staff satisfaction, and physician satisfaction.
The Director collaborates and coordinates with efforts of 5 South
Medical staff to accomplish the mission of
Del Sol Medical Center. The Director leads by example and holds
others accountable for adhering to the goals, policies, and procedures of Del
Sol Medical Center. Areas of
responsibility include 5 South Medical Unit.
1. Develops and administers adolescent, adult, geriatric services necessary to include nursing care.
2. Promotes a multidisciplinary coordination of services such as nursing, medical, respiratory care, laboratory, pharmaceutical and public relations.
3. Develop, monitor, appraise, and analyze budgetary goals and outcomes within the unit.
4. Administer and appraise Quality Improvement within the services provided.
5. Control processes related to Human Resources; inclusive of hiring, evaluating, terminating, counseling, coaching and development of staff.
6. Direct and approve the practice of professional nursing and support positions within the services provided to maintain quality patient care through implementation and evaluation of clinical practice standards.
7. Develop, interpret, inspect and review policies and procedures within the services provided.
8. Develop, institute, review and implement Disaster Preparedness policies and procedures for the organization.
9. Collaborate, develops and participates in marketing of the 5 South, including educational program development, external advertising and working in alliance with local and regional programs.
10. Responsible for twenty four-hour coverage and problem resolution to the services provided.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Current RN licensure in Texas or compact
Bachelors in Nursing Science--Preferred
Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing--Required
EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION,
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• Minimum of 3 years clinical
• Minimum of 2 years management experience
• Medical Surgical ANCC certification --Preferred
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication
skills (written and verbal)--Preferred.
to multi-task, prioritizes, and manages time wisely without direct
to work extended hours with frequent interruptions--Required.
to instill confidence in subordinates and effectively portray the mission of
to listen, empathize and respond to patients, families, internal and external
customers, managerial and employee needs- Required.
• Ability to evaluate, listen and make decisions
with fairness and objectivity on a consistent basis-Required.
to coordinate several assignments at one time and meet deadlines -Required