SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Work Schedule: PRN, Night Shift (7 pm to 7am)
Medical City Lewisville is focused on providing high-quality care to our community - we can prevent, diagnose and treat a variety of medical conditions. License for 186 beds, our team is dedicated to providing family-centered care with our talented team of healthcare professionals, technology and customer-friendly environment.
Position Summary & Responsibilities:
The Registered Nurse – Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – RN NICU provides direct nursing care to patients and their families in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
• Assesses, plans and implements care and interventions in addressing the problems of the neonate
• Carries out physician orders
• Assists physician during examination, treatment, and procedures
• Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs
• Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care
• Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems
• Instructs and educates patients and families
• Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team
• Provides age and culturally appropriate care
• Maintains a safe and therapeutic patient care environment for at risk infants
• Orients and mentors new staff members
• Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required
• Current licensure as an RN or compact license
• Minimum 1 year of RECENT experience in a NICU
• Current certification as a BLS and NRP Healthcare Provider
• Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
• Associates Degree in Nursing required
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.