SHIFT: No Weekends
**** Up To $10,000 Sign-On Bonus****
For a limited time,
LewisGale Medical Center is offering up to a $10,000 sign-on bonus to
Registered Nurses with at least 1 year of nursing experience.
Current HCA employees
do not qualify.
LewisGale Medical Center (LGMC) delivers quality care to our patients located in the beautiful mountainous region of Southwest Virginia. LGMC is a 521-bed acute care facility and is the largest hospital in the LewisGale Regional Health System (LGRHS). Through our extensive network stretching from the Alleghany Highlands and Rockbridge County to the Roanoke and New River Valleys, we have the privilege of serving more than 250,000 patients each year.
LewisGale is also ranked among the top hospitals in Virginia and the nation for benchmarked quality cancer care, patient safety and satisfaction and health outcomes. Lastly, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) have ranked us among the top hospitals nationwide on quality measures for our services and treatments to address heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care.
Additional information about our Operating Room:
- 11 Main OR Suites and 1 Neurology
- On average, perform 29 - 40 cases daily and roughly 600/month
- Procedures Performed: da Vinci Robot (SI and XI), orthopedic, spine, neuro, and general surgery
- Teamwork is heavily focused to promote better patient experience
- A supportive culture motivated on fostering educational opportunities and specialty certification
- Leaders on this unit have a passion for supporting nurses in reaching their professional goals, excellent practice, and collegial relationships
- Department Website: http://lewisgale.com/service/surgical-services
Check out the LewisGale Medical Center hospital culture!
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
- Student Loan Assistance Program ($1,800/calendar year)
- Current Registered Nurse License in this state
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- CNOR certification (preferred) - HCA will pay for certification and bonus will be offered upon completion
- Minimum of one year experience as a Perioperative RN or completion of a Perioperative Nurse course
- Scrubbing or surgical assistant experience (preferred)