SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center and the Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children, located in the heart of Denver, Colorado, serves as a regional tertiary referral center for a multi-state area.
- We feature over 80 specialties and 1,000 specialists and primary care physicians.
- For over 125 years, we have been meeting the healthcare needs of patients and their families from across the Rocky Mountains and Great Plains, and from around the world.
- Our staff provides compassionate and innovative care while working alongside of top physicians and helping some of the most challenging and rewarding surgical and medical patients.
- Licensed for 680 beds, P/SL is the largest hospital in Colorado.
This position supports the mission of Presbyterian/St Luke’s Medical Center of optimizing quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person. The CVC RN
is responsible for the delivery of nursing care to the patient requiring telemetry and/or procedural sedation.
- The CVC RN serves as primary nurse and collaborates with all disciplines for well-coordinated care of the patient.
- The CVC RN oversees and directs the care of assistive personnel, maintaining final accountability for the care given to assigned patients.
- When the need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center and Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children expects our Code of Conduct Value Statements to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community.
• We recognize and affirm the unique and intrinsic worth of each individual
• We treat all those we serve with compassion and kindness
• We act with absolute honesty, integrity and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives.
• We trust our colleagues as valuable members of our healthcare team and pledge to treat one another with loyalty, respect and dignity
Current licensure in the State of Colorado as a Registered Nurse; BLS – Healthcare provider & ACLS required.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Must successfully pass basic EKG course within 6 months of hire. BSN preferred.
One year experience in acute care telemetry experience and experience with conscious sedation is preferred
Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, and other health care team members. Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care. Strong critical thinking skills.
Degree of supervision required:
Involves general guidance and direction by the Patient Care Director, CNC and Unit Charge Nurse. Employee will be expected to perform most job duties independently and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures.