SHIFT: No Weekends
HCA Houston Healthcare - Kingwood
Kingwood, TX 77339
Size of Hospital: ~411 beds
As a full-service 411-bed acute care hospital, HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood has provided the community with high quality, cost-effective healthcare for over 25 years. HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood is home to award-winning programs that improve the health of patients and our community. We are here for you 24/7/365. Our board-certified physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and registered nurses are ready to care for you and your family at a moment’s notice, and our mission is simple: “Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.” Each year, HCA invests about $1.5 billion in its hospitals, bringing in the latest technologies and keeping facilities and services up to date.
At Kingwood, HCA support allowed us to build a new three-story Women and Children's Center, an $80 million, 155,400 square-foot expansion, providing a modern, healing environment close to home. In addition to new construction, the project also features renovations to other areas of the facility, including the relocation and expansion of Admitting and Administration departments, the development of a corridor connecting the North and South Towers, the expansion and remodeling of the cafeteria, and the development of a new central energy plant.
HCA core values of honesty, integrity, fairness and compassion fit right into Kingwood’s “Patient-first” culture. Our affiliation with HCA allows us to bring world-class medical care and health services into the northeast Houston neighborhoods we serve.
Throughout the years, the hospital’s high standards of service have been recognized both internally and by third party endorsements with numerous awards and accreditations, including:
- Joint Commission Hospital Accreditation
- DNV Certification as a Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Accredited Chest Pain Center as designated by the Society of Chest Pain Centers
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award with Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite
- American Heart Association's 2015 Mission: Lifeline® Bronze-Plus Quality Achievement Award
- American Diabetes Association Recognized Education Program
- American College of Radiology – Ultrasound, MRI, , Nuclear Medicine and Cat Scan Accreditation
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine – Sleep Center of Excellence
- College of American Pathologists Laboratory Accreditation
- Texas Department of State Health Services - Mammography Accreditation
- Texas Department of State Health Services Texas Ten Step Program Designation for Maternity Care Practices
- Texas Department of State Health Services Distinguished Certification – Newborn Hearing Screening
- American Heart Association Gold Fit Friendly Company Recognition
- LifeGift Organ Donation Silver Medal of Honor
- Level I Stroke Center Designation by Texas Department of State Health Services
The Facility Chief Medical Officer leads clinical and quality initiatives that support the provision of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the hospital; facilitates the analysis of quality performance and prioritization improvement opportunities; provides senior level leadership to the infection control, risk management, safety, and medical staff credentialing functions ensuring the collaboration and coordination of all stakeholders in these processes; and consults on an array of issues involving physicians.
- Promotes Physician Alignment between HCA-Affiliated Physicians and HCA Hospital and Corporate Leadership by:
- Leading clinical performance expectations that support the goals of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the facility to ensure superior clinical outcomes and unparalleled patient experience.
- Working with Hospital Chief Medical Officers, Chief Executive Officers, Medical Staffs, and Boards of Directors, to improve the functionality and effectiveness of the hospital medical staff organization
- Partnering and collaborating with medical staffs and hospital management teams, facilitating teamwork and shared goals. Representing medical staff viewpoints to management and relaying management viewpoints to medical staff by establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships between HCA leadership and community and/or employed physicians.
- Provides clinical support and consultation regarding cost effective clinical resource management in the facilities by sharing of reports and recommendations regarding how to reduce the variable cost per case while maintaining and enhancing clinical effectiveness.
- Creating an environment of quality and cost improvement that is data driven and develops systems to review utilization of resources and objectively measure outcomes of care in the inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Serving as a direct liaison between HCA affiliated physicians and facility, and corporate clinical services functions.
- Establishing and maintaining an ongoing program to orient and develop management expertise for Hospital Chiefs of Staff, Medical Executive Committees, and other medical staff leaders by providing oversight and leadership for all medical education programs.
- Leading educational sessions and providing ongoing in service to facility medical staff regarding clinical resource management, appropriate documents standards, utilization and quality issues, and quality improvement activities in collaboration with the chief of staff or other clinical leadership in the facility.
- Assembling regional physician advisory panels to provide ongoing feedback to HCA senior management and serves as a liaison between these committees and facility, and corporate leadership as well as to the affiliated physicians.
- Serving as spokesperson to HCA hospitals and affiliated physicians to explain and obtain buy in for, corporate, group, and facility, sponsored clinical initiatives.
- Collaborating on a day to day basis with other facility and corporate Chief Medical Officers.
- Educating physicians on HCA clinical technologies.
- Collaborating with HPG and Supply Chain on formulary and supply opportunities.
Qualifications Education & Experience:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO), Required
- Master's degree in business or related field, Preferred
- 10+ years of experience in clinical practice, Preferred
- Experience as a CMO (or equivalent) in a large, complex hospital or regional health system, Required
- Additional education and coursework in management and business, Preferred
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
- Board Certified Physician, Required
- State medical board licensed, Required