SHIFT: No Weekends
RN Director of Critical Care (ICU)
The Medical Center of Aurora
The Medical Center of Aurora, the first community hospital in the Denver Metro area to receive two-time Magnet designation for nursing excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), is an acute care hospital with specialization in cardiovascular services, neurosciences, surgery, orthopedics and women’s services.
The Medical Center of Aurora is comprised of four campuses in Aurora and Centennial, Colo., including the Main Campus, located at Interstate 225 and Mississippi, the North Campus Behavioral Health facility, Centennial Medical Plaza and Saddle Rock ER.
The Main Campus facility is a Level II Trauma Center with Primary Stroke Certification and Chest Pain Center accreditation, serving the eastern metro area and I-70 corridor. Licensed for 346 beds, The Medical Center of Aurora was recognized as the #4 hospital in the Denver metro area and the #4 hospital in Colorado by U.S. News & World Report (2014-2015), and was one of only nine hospitals in the country to receive the Lantern Award for Excellence in Emergency Room Care by the Emergency Nurses Association (2013).
The Medical Center of Aurora and its affiliated campuses are part of the HealthONE System of Excellence.
Responsible for operations of assigned departments and the integration of the service within overall hospital functions. Collaborates in decision-making structures and processes. Knowledgeable of healthcare trends and integrates into strategic planning for department(s). Accountable for the implementation of an effective and continuous program to measure, assess and improve performance. Assures a high level of customer satisfaction. Manages productivity to achieve budgetary targets. Must be willing to assume twenty-four hour responsibility for patient care and a leadership role with the health care team in planning and delivering patient care.
The Medical Center of Aurora and Centennial Medical Plaza expects our core values to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community. The intent of these values is to assure that TMCA/CMP creates the work environment where individuals choose to work, and that patient care services are of the highest quality
- RN License in the State of Colorado. Compact license acceptable but must obtain Colorado RN License within 180 days of hire.
- Current BLS certification through the American Heart Association.
- BSN required.
- Master in Nursing, Nursing Administration or business related degree preferred.
- Minimum of three to five years in comparable position preferred.
- Recent clinical experience in specialty.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of the practice of nursing.
- Is able to plan and provide for delivery of nursing services.
- Works independently to effectively problem solve issues with staff and develop a workable solution.
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must have a willingness to participate in guidance and counseling of personnel.
- Must have interpersonal skills to act as a mediator between patient care and administration.
- Proficiency in computer skills, critical thinking skills, and public speaking skills.
- Knowledgeable of local, state, and federal regulations that impact areas of their responsibility.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.