SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Sky Ridge Medical Center, founded in 2003 is a full service, destination hospital with 284 beds in Lone Tree, CO. We have a reputation for clinical excellence and world-class service. We offer compassionate care through our patient-centered programs, which include: adult and pediatric ERs, comprehensive Cancer Center, pregnancy and childbirth in our Women’s Hospital - the largest birth center in CO, Spine and Total Joint Center – largest in CO, and a new advanced Wound Care Center. Think world class care with superior clinical outcomes… close to home. With a reach that covers Highlands Ranch, Lone Tree, Parker, Castle Rock and Littleton, as well as Douglas and southern Arapahoe counties, Sky Ridge has become the hospital of choice for thousands. Our Level III trauma center, 1,200 physicians and around-the-clock emergency care and orthopedic surgeons available 24/7, is ready to meet the demands of the community. We strive to go beyond your expectations in service to you and your family.
The Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) exemplifies professional nursing practice through expert clinical practice, strong leadership skills, and management activities. The CNC provides clinical management to the department through coordination of patient care activities, procedures and flow of patients between various unites. The CNC delegates duties to staff members within their scope of practice, and acts as a resource for clinical or communication issues to other staff. This is a clinical position and patient assignments will be taken when necessary. This position requires budgetary commitment to the staffing matrix; involvement with staff performance appraisals; development of unit policy and procedures; and a commitment to uphold Sky Ridge Standards of Behavior. The CNC functions in the Chair-of-Command, continuing the chain upward when situation cannot be resolved at CNC level. The CNC facilities growth and development, empowerment of personnel by functioning as a leader, resource person, and counselor.
- Supervises personnel providing direct patient care, with delegation of activities based on patient care needs and competencies of available patient care staff.
- Provides direct and ongoing supervision of staff with regard to conflict resolution and personnel policy compliance, including input and/or completion of performance evaluations and disciplinary actions.
- Assumes responsibility for resolving and/or channeling employee grievances according to appropriate procedures.
- Teaches, supervises and serves as a resource for staff, assists with clinical procedures as needed.
- Assesses need for and assists in implementation of staff development programs to enhance professional growth of personnel.
- Facilitates ongoing performance improvement activities which correlate to the Hospital-wide Performance Improvement Program with involvement of all levels of staff on designated shift as appropriate.
- Formulates staff schedule along with the Clinical Coordinator/Director.
- Makes assignments for the present or following shift to provide for smooth transition and ensures appropriate assignments throughout shift to cover changing patient needs and staff availability due to absences, breaks, etc.
- Self-assigns patients and functions as necessary based on patient needs and available resources on unit.
- Communicates directly with the director/manager on unit and staff performance issues needing attention.
- Maintains effective utilization and maintenance of manpower, equipment, and supplies.
Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current Colorado Registered Nurse Licensure
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred. Current BLS certification
Experience: Minimum of two years clinical experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Provided safe and appropriate patient care within the standards of nursing practice at Sky Ridge Medical Center. Display appropriate judgment and problem solving skills. Communicate positively and professionally with all internal and external customers. Demonstrates known leadership skills, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities, and a positive attitude.
People Leadership: Leads, coaches, develops, and recognizes staff to maximize performance and growth.
Here is what we can offer you:
- Tuition Reimbursement & Student Loan Repayment
- Certification Bonus and Voucher system
- Dependent Scholarship
- 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Financial Wellness Program with a CFP
Recruiter contact: Tiffany Milbourne, Lead Recruiter