SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood – Kingwood, Texas
Registered Nurse (RN) – Trauma Intensive Care Unit (Trauma ICU)
Be part of the HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood nursing team that puts the care and improvement of human life above all else.
New Unit opening in June - 10 Bed Trauma ICU!
Ask about our Sign-On Bonuses Relocation Assistance & Referral bonus!
The most advanced hospital services available in the Houston area are right in your own backyard at HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood a 382 bed hospital. As part of the nationwide HCA Healthcare system, Kingwood patients have access to advanced medical care and physicians trained at top hospitals. HCA and Kingwood Medical Center also provide the communities of Northeast Houston, Humble, New Caney and Cleveland, Texas with education and outreach programs.
Our doctors, nurses and staff are committed to preserving and extending the health of our patients. Here are just a few ways we show that commitment:
nnovative and customized cardiovascular services, including heart and vascular surgery
State of the art imaging and endoscopy services for more accurate diagnosis and treatment plans
Inpatient rehab for physical recovery from stroke, trauma, orthopedic injuries and more
Neurosciences program including our Joint-Commission-accredited Primary Stroke Center and the Sleep Center of Excellence
Women’s Center and pediatric services with access to pediatric specialists 24/7
HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) - Trauma Intensive Care Unit (Trauma ICU).
- The Trauma ICU RN is responsible for coordinating the nursing care of assigned patients in the unit in order to provide quality patient care to patients ranging in age from adolescent to geriatric.
- The employee will be responsible for the knowledge and skill necessary to provide trauma intensive care based on physical, psychological, educational, safety and related criteria for adolescent, adult and geriatric population.
- The registered nurse applies knowledge of the principles of growth and development.
- According to established facility policies and procedures, the registered nurse provides and supplies professional nursing care exercising independent judgment in utilizing the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate.
- The registered nurse provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary nursing and other patient care team personnel in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
- Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing, BSN preferred
- 1 or more years recent ICU experience as an RN highly desired
- Trauma experience highly desired
- Current RN licensure by Texas Board of Nursing or a Board of Nursing from a compact state.
- Current BLS from the American Heart Association
- Current ACLS from the American Heart Association
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) Preferred