SHIFT: No Weekends
RN Manager of Surgical Services
North Suburban Medical Center
At North Suburban Medical Center, you'll find that caring extends to both our patients & our people. Are you looking for an employer with many different career options & a people-focused culture?
You've come to the right place. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest & most compassionate way. We’re proud of our focus on quality & patient safety.
Why Choose North Suburban?
• North Suburban will transition from a Level III to a Level II trauma center in the next year, providing the opportunity to work on exciting, life-changing trauma cases, in addition to elective cases, and be part of helping to shape this transition during 2018
• Received The Joint Commission Advanced Primary Stroke Center Recertification
• Received the top rating (an “A”) on the Leapfrog Group’s Hospital Safety score for 5 straight quarters
• Received Chest Pain Accreditation through the Society of Chest Pain Centers
• First hospital in Colorado to become Sepsis Accredited in the fall of 2016
• Honored by March of Dimes for having zero elective deliveries before 39 weeks
• Honored with the “Excellence in Patient Care” award by the Studer Group in recognition of our consistent performance in top-quality patient care
• Ranked one of the top five safest hospitals in the Denver area by a Consumer Reports study on several safety measures
North Suburban Medical Center in Thornton, Colorado. Just 10 minutes north of Denver. North Suburban Medical Center has established a reputation as a facility responsive to patient and community expectations. Our mission, vision, and values were developed as guides so that we continuously understand and respond to our patient and community expectations. We are committed to Patient Safety. Our Mission: To Serve. To Heal. To Care. Our Values: North Suburban’s core values are designed to guide our organization in its commitment to serve, to heal and to care for you. We believe safety and quality of care are the keystones of our work. We treat each other and our patients with compassion and respect. We are honest and ethical in all we say and do. We demonstrate our commitment to excellence by persistently exploring growth and improvement opportunities. We exceed the expectations of our patients, families and the community. We accomplish our mission and vision through collaboration and teamwork. Our team of physicians, nurses, therapists, technologists, pharmacists, residents, dietitians, and support staff is dedicated to ensuring you receive the highest standard of patient care and comfort during your stay. Although many of the staff will not have the privilege of meeting you directly, they are working together to speed your recovery.
Position Summary: Under the general supervision of the unit’s Director, or Designee, the Assistant Director assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions in the unit on his/her designated shift. In collaboration with other members of the management team, this individual is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in the unit.
Current Colorado RN license (May work on a current RN compact license for the 1st 90 days of employment)
BCLS certification required
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, BSN desirable.
1-2 years Surgery Department experience desirable; able to articulate and demonstrate appropriate nursing theory and practice.
Leadership experience and oversight of OR, Pre-Op, PACU, SPD and GI in a previous role; Level 2 or Level 1 trauma experience strongly preferred