SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Full Time-Mixed Rotating Weeekends
North Suburban Medical Center
North Suburban Medical Center in Thornton, Colorado. Just 10 minutes north of Denver. North Suburban Medical Center has established a reputation as a facility responsive to patient and community expectations. Our mission, vision, and values were developed as guides so that we continuously understand and respond to our patient and community expectations. We are committed to Patient Safety. Our Mission: To Serve. To Heal. To Care. Our Values: North Suburban’s core values are designed to guide our organization in its commitment to serve, to heal and to care for you. We believe safety and quality of care are the keystones of our work. We treat each other and our patients with compassion and respect. We are honest and ethical in all we say and do. We demonstrate our commitment to excellence by persistently exploring growth and improvement opportunities. We exceed the expectations of our patients, families and the community. We accomplish our mission and vision through collaboration and teamwork. Our team of physicians, nurses, therapists, technologists, pharmacists, residents, dietitians, and support staff is dedicated to ensuring patients receive the highest standard of patient care and comfort.
- Repairs and maintains mechanical and electrical equipment in accordance with diagrams sketches, operation manuals, using hand power tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and devices in operation and is alert to any problems,
- Cleans, repairs and lubricates mechanical and electrical equipment and other components.
- Maintains physical inventory of tools and other equipment associated with building maintenance.
- Performs preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, project work and safety inspections as required to meet hospital and department goals and operational requirements.
- Maintains oxygen, vacuum and medical gas distribution systems as directed by the Facilities Supervisor.
- Procures bids and coordinates contractors for major repairs. Performs other duties as assigned.
Licensure/Certification/Registration: At least one of the following is preferred:
- Stationary Engineers License (optional)
- CFC Certification.
- A minimum of two years experience in general hospital maintenance or closely related field.
- General knowledge of medical and building equipment repair and maintenance is required
- Good mechanical aptitude with supportive technical knowledge in one or more of the following areas: plumbing, refrigeration, electrical, steam and heat generation or general mechanical.
- Understands basic electrical and plumbing piping systems.
- Uses volt/ohms meters, pressure/vacuum gauges.
- Reads and understands blueprints and schematics.