SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
At North Suburban Medical Center, you'll find that caring extends to both our patients & our people. Are you looking for an employer with many different career options & a people-focused culture?
You've come to the right place. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest & most compassionate way. We’re proud of our focus on quality & patient safety.
Why Choose North Suburban?
• North Suburban will transition from a Level III to a Level II trauma center in the next year, providing the opportunity to work on exciting, life-changing trauma cases, in addition to elective cases, and be part of helping to shape this transition during 2018
• Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for 4 years in a row – only 1 of 2 in Colorado hospitals to achieve this recognition the last four years
• Received The Joint Commission Advanced Primary Stroke Center Recertification
• Received the top rating (an “A”) on the Leapfrog Group’s Hospital Safety score for 5 straight quarters
• Received Chest Pain Accreditation through the Society of Chest Pain Centers
• First hospital in Colorado to become Sepsis Accredited in the fall of 2016
• Honored by March of Dimes for having zero elective deliveries before 39 weeks
• Honored with the “Excellence in Patient Care” award by the Studer Group in recognition of our consistent performance in top-quality patient care
• Ranked one of the top five safest hospitals in the Denver area by a Consumer Reports study on several safety measures
- The Registered Nurse (RN) will support the mission of NSMC by providing a comforting, safe and healing environment for patients and their families.
- The RN must be able to demonstrate advanced knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for his/her patients.
- The RN may rotate to other areas other than his/her normally assigned service area/s. Those departments and service areas may require specialized skills, and the RN will perform only those duties for which he/she has demonstrated competency. The delivery of care is based on criteria that is age appropriate and is based on the physical, psychosocial, cultural, safety and learning needs of the individual patient.
- The Registered Nurse performs delegated duties consistent with his/her scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care delivery at NSMC.
- The RN must have the capacity to foster a positive work environment, be professional and display positive support of NSMC as well as the entire HealthONE organization.
- The RN cares for patients ranging in age from adolescents to geriatrics.
- Current Registered Nurse license in the State of Colorado (May work with a current RN compact license from another state for the 1st 180 days of employment).
- Current BCLS certification.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing; BSN desirable.
- One to two years acute care/specialty nursing is desirable
- Demonstrates good organizational skills, able to articulate and demonstrate knowledge of nursing theory and practice.
- Provides safe and appropriate patient care within the Standards of Nursing Practice at NSMC.
- Displays appropriate judgement and problem solving skills. Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers. Maintains patient confidentiality.