DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
We Are Hiring Top Talent!
Bone Marrow Transplant Unit (BMT) Critical Care Registered Nurse (RN)
$10K Sign-On Bonus 5k Relocation available
Special Care in the Heart of Denver
Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center (P/SL) provides state-of-the-art, complex medical care in the heart of Denver. Patients come from six states in the Rocky Mountain region, including Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas, New Mexico, and South Dakota. Centers of Excellence Include: Advanced Center for Spinal Microsurgery. Bariatric Surgery. Cardiac Rehabilitation. Certified by the American Association of Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation. Colorado Blood Cancer Institute. Comprehensive Cancer Programs. The Denver Clinic for Extremities at Risk. Denver Wound Healing Center. Diabetes Management Center. High-risk Obstetrics, Level IIIC NICU & Pediatrics. Hyperbaric Oxygen Medicine. Kidney Transplant Center. Level IV Trauma Center. Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Sleep Study Lab. Spine and Joint Care Specialty Services. Vascular Center Thoracic Outlet Program
The Bone Marrow Transplant Unit ICU Staff at Presbyterian St. Lukes Medical Center is a tight knit group of hard-working, dedicated healthcare providers with a passion for saving lives. Interested in becoming a part of our nursing team? Apply now.
If you are an ICU or a Critical Care RN and do not have the required certifications or experience, We will help you get certified and train you into the role.
Come experience the most rewarding role you’ve been searching for.
Responsibilities for Critical Care BMT Nurse:
Hematology/Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) is an acute care unit where you will deliver phenomenal care for adult hematologic-oncology, autologous and allogeneic blood and marrow transplantation patients, and patients receiving CAR T-cell therapy. In this role, you will be asked to provide the following services:
• Chemotherapy/Biotherapy administration and management, including investigational protocols
• Transfusion of blood, platelets and fresh frozen plasma
• Management of patients with radiation implants, central venous access devices and spinal drains
• Bone marrow biopsy and aspiration
• Thoracentesis and paracentesis
• Epidural and intrathecal analgesia
• Management of toxicities r/t chemotherapy/biotherapy/radiation therapy and neutropenia/ thrombocytopenia/ anemia
• Antibiotic/Medication therapies
• Autologous and Allogeneic Blood and Marrow Transplant
• Bone marrow harvest recovery
• Pain Management and telemetry monitoring
• You should have a Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program
• If you have a BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing that is helpful
• You should also have a current Registered Nurse License in this state
• We are also looking for you to have at least one year of RN experience ICU or BMT/hematology is very helpful