SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
TriStar Ashland City Medical Center – A facility of Centennial Medical Center
Registered Nurse (RN) – Emergency Department
TriStar Ashland City Medical Center Emergency Department
The TriStar Ashland City Emergency Department is available 24 hours a day, every day. Our physicians and nurses are specially trained in emergency medicine. TriStar Ashland City ED can get you in and out in a fraction of the wait times at other hospitals, allowing you to receive quality treatment in a timely manner without ever leaving our community.
Facts on TriStar Ashland City Medical Center
- 24 hour a day emergency services
- 7 private Emergency Department treatment rooms
- Medical/Surgical beds for inpatient needs
- Rehab & Diagnostic Imaging Services
- Outpatient Surgical Services
- TriStar physicians of all medical specialties are on immediate call for emergencies with backup at TriStar Centennial in downtown Nashville
- Nationally ranked in the top 10% for quality care, emergency medicine, laboratory, radiology and safety management
TriStar Ashland City Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) – Emergency Department for mix of 10am-10pm and 1pm -1am with an every 4th weekend 10am-10pm commitment.
Registered nurses provide and coordinate care for patients. The Registered nurse is responsible for collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members to provide physical and psychological support to patients and their families. Daily responsibilities of the Registered nurse include but are not limited to: assessments and reassessments, developing individualized plans of care, medication administration, documentation, education, proper maintenance of equipment, and communication of patient needs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development.
- Administers medication according to hospital policy.
- Interacts and communicate with coworkers, ancillary staff and physicians to promote a harmonious healthcare environment.
- Performs accurate and thorough patient assessments and reassessments per policy.
- Promotes customer service initiatives.
- Utilizes nursing process for individual care to meet needs of patients.
- Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures.
- Documents all patient care.
- Utilizes critical thinking skills to prioritize patient care needs.
- Supports the facility’s Standards of Performance and ICARE values.
1. Interpersonal skills to successfully interact with patients, guest, physicians, and other employees.
2. Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing.
3. Current licensure by Tennessee Board of Nursing.
4. Current BLS required.
5. ACLS and PALS required within one year of hire
6. CPI required within 6 months of hire; for employees hired prior to 10/20/2014 CPI required by 12/31/2015.