DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It’s an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we’re connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
The Labor Relations Specialist assists management at the facility level in achieving organizational goals by acting as a trusted consultant on a range of labor relations matters including collective bargaining; the interpretation and administration of collective bargaining agreements; and compliance with labor laws.
The Labor Relations Specialist will be responsible for some or all of the following under direction of the Director, Labor Relations:
• Handling matters of routine labor relations such as the interpretation and application of collective bargaining agreements; the processing of formal grievances; communications with labor unions relating to other disputes and questions that arise between unions and management; responses to union information requests; discipline of bargaining unit members; and compliance with applicable labor laws.
• Assist with the response to union organizing.
• Assist with the preparation for, and the conduct of, collective bargaining.
• Assist with the preparation for, and the response to, strikes, picketing and other job actions by unions.
• Prepare and present appropriate training for facility management on a variety of labor relations topics.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe deeply in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits package allows you to select the options that best meet the needs of you and your family. Benefits include 401k, paid time off medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We look forward to speaking with you about this fantastic opportunity.