This job posting is no longer active.
DescriptionSHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center is a $175 million hospital with 133-beds and all private rooms and provide a wide range of in- and outpatient services, including 24-hour emergency care, obstetrics, diagnostic imaging, intensive care, cardiac catheterization and psychiatric care. Located on a 75-acre campus south of Fredericksburg on Interstate 95.
The Environmental Services Technician will perform the following essential functions:
· Performs cleaning tasks in assigned areas following departmental procedures in order to maintain a clean, safe and attractive environment for patients, visitors, and other staff members. Cleaning tasks are of both a maintenance and restorative nature, depending on needs.
· Performs all cleaning tasks in a safe manner (example: Uses wet floor signs and removes them when the floor is dry) and in accordance with Infection Control policies and procedures and using proper tools, body mechanics and lifting techniques.
· Performs cleaning duties with consideration of patients, their family and friends, showing respect for their personal dignity and their values.
· Meets and strives to exceed all customer needs, recognizing that everyone is our customer and promoting a positive image of the hospital and the Environmental Services Department. Identifies self when entering occupied patient rooms and requesting of the patient if there is anything else needed to ensure the patient customer is satisfied with Environmental Services. Utilizes tent cards consistently when cleaning patient rooms.
· Ensure that as an Environmental Services team member, we never refuse a request for Environmental Services. Comply with the request and discuss with Environmental Services Leadership afterwards.
· Pursues opportunities for improvement, demonstrating flexibility and adaptability in assignments, recognizing that patient room availability is our department’s first priority (discharge patient room cleaning) and that is assigned areas are subject to change depending upon the needs of the hospital as determined by Environmental Services Leadership. Performs other tasks as assigned by Environmental Services supervisors and/or Director.
· Personally takes an active role in Quality Improvement by interacting positively with department and hospital leadership, staff and other customers, to ensure ongoing trends for performance improvement. Maintains professionalism.
Ability to follow both oral and written instructions in English
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Demonstrate a stable job history and prior Environmental Services or Housekeeping experience preferred.