SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
PRN - As Needed (Night Shift 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.)
Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center - Behavioral Health Center
The largest medical facility in the region, Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center (EIRMC) is a modern, Joint Commission-accredited, 330-bed full-service hospital located in Idaho Falls. Idaho Falls offers a rich variety of outdoor activities with Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park, Jackson, WY and Sun Valley all within a short drive from our hospital.
The Behavioral Health Center provides four separate inpatient programs to ensure that people receive individual care in settings that are appropriate for their needs. Typically the treatment structure involves group therapy, individual counseling, educational groups, recreation therapy activities, and support services.
Job Opening: Registered Nurse (PRN)
PRN Defined: "As Required" = coverage for scheduled and
unscheduled time away from work for current staff and/or additional staffing
needed due to census. HCA policy/procedure - Work one scheduled shift at
minimum per 2 week pay period. The more flexible your availability the
more hours you work.
*Candidate can define availability for Graveyard (7 p.m. - 7 a.m.)
or Days (7 a.m. - 7 p.m.) or both shifts including ability to assist with
coverage/availability for weekend and holiday coverage.
This position is responsible for providing direct nursing care to psychiatric inpatients, including assessment, care planning, education, medication administration, and monitoring for safety and comfort.
Other key word search terms: mental health, registered nurse
- Graduation from an accredited school of professional nursing. Must maintain current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Idaho.
- Must pass a Idaho Department of Health & Welfare background.
- Current AHA CPR for Healthcare Providers certification, and completion of all hospital mandatory education and training.
- Current certification in Non Violent Physical Crisis Intervention. If not certified at time of hire, will obtain certification within 90 days.
- This position requires that you drive a facility owned vehicle or your own vehicle. A current state of Idaho driver’s license is required. If relocating to Idaho from another state, you must obtain a current Idaho driver’s license within 90 days of making Idaho your permanent state of residence. If you are not a permanent resident of Idaho you must have a valid driver’s license from the state in which you permanently reside. In addition, if you will be driving your own vehicle 2 or more times per week for company related business, documentation of proof of liability insurance must be provided. Liability insurance must have a combined single limit of at least $300,000 or have $100,000/$300,000 coverage split. This position is subject, upon hire and annually, to an MVR report/analysis and driver safety education.
- Sensitivity, maturity and ability to communicate clearly and concisely when interacting with physicians, staff, patients and their families, other hospital departments, and community service providers and referral sources.
- Ability to deal with varied types of patients and families in all situations that may arise.
- The Charge position requires leadership abilities and knowledge of dealing with staffing issues.