SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Registered Nurse – RN – Emergency Room
White Settlement ER Freestanding
Work Schedule: PRN Nights 7p-7a
12 Beds provider based ER with lab and radiology onsite as well as emergency room physicians and nurse
The Emergency Department RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Prioritizes patient care based on acuity level and available resources.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Assists physician during examination, treatment and procedures.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
the supervision of the ED Director/Manager, the registered nurse provides
holistic, individualized patient care in response to emergent, identified
needs. Additional functions will be
performed in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act and ENA standards in a
manner consistent with the mission and goals of the organization.
Education and Training Experience Required
Graduate of an accredited school of Professional Nursing
Minimum of two (2) year Emergency Room (ER) experience.
BSN or current enrollment in a Baccalaureate preferred within 1 year of