This job posting is no longer active.
DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Registered Nurse – Operating Room
Medical City North Hills is an award-winning 164-bed acute care hospital located in the heart of northeast Tarrant County in North Richland Hills. The hospital offers a full range of services, specializing in heart and vascular services, orthopedics, surgery, and emergency care and has been recognized as a Top Performer by The Joint Commission for 2013 – 2015.
The Operating Room Registered Nurse (OR RN) provides nursing care to patients experiencing an operative or other invasive procedure in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
• Assesses, plans and evaluates the nursing care needs of the patient before, during and after a surgical procedure.
• Provides nursing care to the patient undergoing surgical procedures.
• Integrates and coordinates care across settings and among disciplines.
• Administers prescribed medications, applies dressings, and monitors vital signs.
• Properly prepares rooms, instruments and equipment for procedures and assists in cleaning room after completion of procedures.
• Current licensure as a Registered Nurse with the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas or compact license is accepted; Texas State RN license required within 30 of hire.
One (1) year of previous OR experience preferred.
“Registered Nurse” RN “Operating Room” OR “OR RN” “OR Nurse” “Operating Room Nurse”