Registered Nurse – Saginaw Emergency Room
PRN Mid-shift 11A – 11P OR 12N – 12P
Medical City ER Saginaw is a Joint Commission accredited, full service emergency room and operates as a department of Medical City Alliance, the rapidly growing full service hospital which opened in February 2015 to serve the growing population of the Alliance corridor and beyond. The 11,000 square-foot, 12-bed facility is located at 727 W Bailey Bowell Road near the intersection of Bailey Boswell Road and US 287. Board certified emergency physicians provide emergency coverage for both pediatric and adult patients, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The facility also has a complete medical laboratory and on-site imaging services.
The Emergency Department Registered Nurse (ER RN) is responsible for decisions and actions within the domain of nursing practice. Important aspects of this responsibility are the promotion of a safe and therapeutic environment for both the recipients and providers of nursing care; acquisition of specialized knowledge skills and additional formal education to provide specialized care; demonstration and validation of competence in nursing practice; clinical practice consistent with the policies, procedures and standards of this facility; and supervision of other staff as designated within the department.
• Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
• Provides and documents quality patient care consistently according to hospital standards and policy/procedures.
• Prioritize patient care as they present to the department. Re-assessment of patient conditions and symptoms based on initial acuity determination prior to and after medical screening exam as required.
• Accurately identify situations which require emergent or urgent responses and communicate those to the appropriate level of leadership in the organization utilizing the appropriate chain of command in the approach to problem solving.
• Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted (TX State RN license required within 30 days of hire).
• PALS or ENPC required within 90 days of hire (ENPC preferred over PALS);
• Two (2) years of nursing experience preferred;
“Emergency Room” ER “ER RN” “Emergency Services” Trauma “Urgent Care” “Registered Nurse” RN “Emergency Department”