This job posting is no longer active.
SHIFT: No Weekends
JOB TITLE: Chief Medical Officer, Forward Pathology
Hospital-Based Physician Services (HBP) is a multi-service organization that is involved with every major aspect of HCA’s Hospital-Based physician / provider growth and operations strategies.
These include the management of employed Pathologists through Forward pathology Solutions (FPS), the management and quality oversight of the Pathologist practices and relationships, Pathology assessment and consulting (Quality, operations, and cost), and proactive Pathology dashboards (development, monitoring, reporting, and service improvement). FPS provides strategic and operational Pathology practice management to over 160 physicians in 65 hospitals across 6 Divisions. Expansion plans will result in FPS adding 18 additional hospitals and two Divisions over the next 2 years.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The CMO for FPS is a key member of the senior executive FPS team, engaged in defining and leading the overall clinical and quality business strategy and clinical initiatives, operations, outcomes, and compliance for the organization.
This position will lead and support the quality initiatives and clinical services of the Pathology line of business across HCA and serve as the physician lead in developing, executing, and monitoring quality and operational strategies that will positively impact HCA and the patients served. This individual will work with a variety of subject matter experts, both internally and externally, to glean best practices in order to support strategy and execution. The CMO will also play a critical role in coordinating with HCA’s Clinical Services Group, Strategic Resources Group, Quality Department, Clinical Informatics, and other internal initiatives that may have clinical overlap with this effort.
Working with Group, Division, and facility administrative leadership and clinical leadership, this individual will be expected to provide executive level leadership, consultation, and guidance to HCA leaders and other company officers specific to Pathology services. Roles and responsibilities include:
- Function as Chief Medical Officer of clinical operations for Pathology Services:
- Oversees all anatomic and clinical operations including compliance with protocols and practice standard for pathology group.
- Develops strategies, policies and protocols to improve outcomes as well as a timeline for implementation and reassessment.
- Meets regularly with Division and facility administration, Division medical directors and key stakeholders to provide program performance update and to strengthen program integration by addressing the concerns, clinical needs and goals for the pathology services.
- Has oversight for ensuring that mechanisms for reporting incidents or errors in patient care are effective, well communicated, and maintain confidentiality, as appropriate. Develops an organizational culture that openly encourages re-porting of incidents/errors as a means to improving overall clinical/operational performance.
- Drives performance improvement on publicly-reported measures to target performance objectives and ensure implementation of quality and patient safety improvement initiatives consistent with major national programs
- Builds relationships through regular engagements and meetings with pathology user customers, Sarah Canon, Oncologic services and other medical staff members ensuring pathologist availability for consultation and best practices.
- Involvement in business development, physician recruitment including identifying need for additional market staffing to support division practices.
- Leads quality improvement initiatives for patient care including building practice standards and evidence based clinical protocols and order sets. Development of timelines for educational initiatives and policy implementations. Provide close assessment and analysis ensuring the success for each initiative.
- Provides direction and leadership for clinical care initiatives, protocols such as test utilization.
- Coordinates with and participates in HCA Quality and Patient Safety leadership to align resources and provide input in establishing priorities.
- Success in this position is measured by innovative and heightened quality metrics, and outcomes, maximizing and achieving improved quality and clinical performance across the HBP service markets throughcollaborative and productive relationships with many HCA lines of business and executives including but not limited to the Clinical Services Group, IT&S, hospital/division operations and internal PSG executives.
EDUCATION: MD or DO required. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience as Chief Medical Officer, Medical Director or other similar position within progressive, complex healthcare system or ambulatory setting preferred; as well, formal management training and experience in Quality and Resource Management in health care desired.
- Exemplary medical practice history as attested by peers, with a minimum of five years clinical practice required.
- Board Certification in Anatomic and/or Clinical Pathology, required
- Experience in external healthcare/physician consulting, preferred
- Experience with integrated hospital based service lines, preferred
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.