SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
St. Mark's Hospital is looking for a Registered Respiratory Therapist to join their team full time!
For the past 145 years, St. Mark’s Hospital has provided a
full-spectrum of healthcare services to Salt Lake City and its surrounding
communities. As Utah’s first hospital, St. Mark’s team members uphold a rich
tradition of patient-centered, top-quality care. With 317 patient beds and
1,500 employees and volunteers, St. Mark’s thrives on treating patients as if
they’re family. Such compassionate care is achieved by collaboration, kindness
and state-of-the-art care.
Nestled at the foot of the Wasatch Mountains, St. Mark’s sits in a
picturesque and ideal location. From our hospital doors it’s a quick commute to
Salt Lake’s urban and cultural benefits, and only a short drive to outdoor
adventures and Utah’s glorious national parks.
St. Mark’s is part of HCA’s network of more than 300 affiliate
hospitals, outpatient centers and business offices across the country. HCA and
St. Mark’s are all about caring for people, and that care extends to patients,
families and employees.
St. Mark's Hospital provides a full array of services to the surrounding community, including the following service lines: cardiac, NICU, orthopedics, behavioral health, skilled nursing, acute rehab, as well as many others. St. Mark's is the oldest running hospital in Utah with rich traditions and a reputation for excellent patient care and quality outcomes. St. Mark's Hospital is nestled at the foot of the Wasatch Mountains and only a stone’s throw away from many national parks, including Moab, Zion, Canyonlands, etc.
The Respiratory Therapist provides treatment, care and evaluation for patients with respiratory insufficiencies. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Delivers and assesses responses to ordered therapy per plan of care including routine and intensive therapy and diagnostic procedures.
- Utilizes various types of oxygen and other therapeutic gas equipment such as masks, tents and incubators.
- Administers prescribed doses of medicinal gases and aerosol drugs.
- Measures ventilatory volumes, pressures and blood gas analysis.
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition and general acceptance of treatment.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist through NBRC.
- Current Respiratory Therapist license through State of Utah.
- BLS health care provider. ACLS preferred.
- Critical Care experience strongly preferred.