SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Henrico Doctors’ Hospital is a 340-bed community hospital offering a full range of healthcare services. We are a Level II Trauma facility, offering specialized vascular surgery, Neurosurgery, a comprehensive certified stroke center, orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center and as part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery; we lead the state in minimally-invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries.
About Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU)
12 Bed Unit
Provides a high-acuity level of care to a wide variety of surgical, kidney transplant, and medical patient at a 2:1 patient to nurse ratio.
The patient population includes critical care-related surgical patients, trauma, neurological patients.
In our SICU, patients are often connected to a host of equipment, and receive constant, personal attention. Some of the equipment involved in ICU patient care includes advanced heart and Intracranial monitors, ventilators for breathing assistance, CRRT, ECMO, vasoactive drips, Rapid Infusers, Non-invasive and Invasive monitoring.
See what the team has to say!
Required Job Qualifications include:
• ICU RN strongly preferred (telemetry and acute care will be considered).
• Current licensure as an RN.
• Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider and ACLS.
• Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
• Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
• Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO:
- Providing versatile work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
- Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer celebrating diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.