SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Tucker Pavilion, at HCA Virginia’s Chippenham Hospital, has been committed to the Behavioral Health needs of our community for over 100 years. We offer a full range of inpatient, outpatient and emergency services for children, adolescents, adults and geriatric patients in our newly renovated units.
- Offering of care continuum – crisis team on site, inpatient/acute care for all ages, partial hospitalization for adolescents/adults
- Use of audiovisual technology to offer Behavioral Health Needs assessments to HCA Virginia’s Emergency Departments
- Partnership with the community in offering a Crisis Triage Center
- Injection of clinical pathways in programming
- Diverse array of therapeutic offerings – yoga, 12 step support, NAMI peer support, spiritual, pet therapy, gym on site, and more
- Quality focus with outcome measurements injected into clinical programming
- Four Child Psychiatrists
- Host site for Behavioral Health clinical nursing rotations
Tucker 2 East - Thought Disorder Unit
- 26 bed acute inpatient unit
- Patient population consists of patients diagnosed with schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder and bipolar disorder with psychotic features
- Good work-life balance
- Unit practice is “high touch” and “high tech”, and multitasking with the ability to perform well under pressure
What are your job functions and duties?
Through direct care, observation, and communication with the patient, collects and documents patient admission and shift behavioral and physical clinical data and observations Provides appropriate information to assist RN with admission and shift RN assessments.
Performs vital signs, BP's and accu-checks. Provides or assists patients with Activities of Daily Living. Assists with treatments or procedures within documented level of competency.
Provides behavioral health care interventions utilizing the least restrictive interventions.
Provides for the safety of patients, visitors and staff. Completes routine and special safety checks.
Assumes responsibility for completing all mandatory educational, health screening, CPR, and CPI requirements within designated time frame and for providing written verification of same for filing.
Actively participates in quality management activities by timely reporting of staff, family, visitor or quality concerns.
Uses the Meditech e-mail system to routinely read e-mail messages.
Reports to work as pre-scheduled and on time.
Facilitates and/or assists with patient community, education or activity groups. Documents patient's participation.
Provides secretarial duties as assigned.
Provides Department Assistant duties as assigned.
Uses the Meditech order entry system for all functions utilized in Tucker Pavilion including, but not limited to, entering admission data, transfers, discharges, orders for diagnostic testing, accessing results of diagnostic testing and sending messages to other departments. (After X-Training Provided)
- High School Diploma or GED (required)
- For adult or child/adolescent core assignment: 2 years college education, or equivalent post high school course work, in a human service related field (preferred)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- For geriatric core assignment: Licensed as a CNA in state of Virginia (preferred)
- Previous, successful student or employment experience in an adult, geriatric, or child/adolescent behavioral health setting or a related human service setting (required)
- Previous, successful employment experience in an acute care adult, geriatric or child/adolescent behavioral health setting (preferred)
- Full Time
- Day Shift
- Weekend & Holiday rotations
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.