Charge Nurse (RN) - Trauma Intensive Care Unit (Trauma ICU)
Kingwood, TX, United States
This job posting is no longer active.
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood – Kingwood, Texas
Charge Nurse (RN) – Trauma Intensive Care Unit (Trauma ICU)
Be part of the HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood nursing team that puts the care and improvement of human life above all else.
New Unit opening in June - 10 Bed Trauma ICU!
Ask about our Sign-On Bonuses, Relocation Assistance & Referral bonus!
The most advanced hospital services available in the Houston area are right in your own backyard at HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood a 382 bed hospital. As part of the nationwide HCA Healthcare system, Kingwood patients have access to advanced medical care and physicians trained at top hospitals. HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood also provide the communities of Northeast Houston, Humble, New Caney and Cleveland, Texas with education and outreach programs.
Our doctors, nurses and staff are committed to preserving and extending the health of our patients. Here are just a few ways we show that commitment:
- 24-hour emergency roomInnovative and customized cardiovascular services, including heart and vascular surgery
- State of the art imaging and endoscopy services for more accurate diagnosis and treatment plans
- Inpatient rehab for physical recovery from stroke, trauma, orthopedic injuries and more
- Neurosciences program including our Joint-Commission-accredited Primary Stroke Center and the Sleep Center of Excellence
- Women’s Center and pediatric services with access to pediatric specialists 24/7
HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood is currently looking for a Charge Nurse (RN) – Trauma Intensive Care Unit (Trauma ICU).
- The Trauma ICU Charge Nurse is responsible for the coordination of nursing care for patients on the unit in order to ensure the provision of quality care and services.
- Patients served include age adult through geriatric. The charge nurse is a registered nurse who has responsibility for assisting the nurse manager in the achievement of the unit goals and objectives for care delivery for the critically ill patient.
- In collaboration with the nurse manager, the charge nurse assists with counseling and disciplinary processes of the nursing staff.
- The charge nurse also assists with administrative tasks as assigned by the nurse manager, which include but are not limited to entering of departmental charges, staffing, outcomes monitoring, provision of additional in-services, and impromptu education for unit staff.
- Other aspects of the role include the ability to critically think and intervene in a crisis situation.
- The charge nurse is responsible for knowledge and skill in nursing for multiple diagnosis related conditions of acute trauma, post-operative, and medical patients including cardiovascular, pulmonary, neurological, GI/GU, renal, and multiple organ system failure within the scope of services provided on the unit.
- Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing, BSN preferred
- Five (5) years recent clinical experience as an RN
- Three (3) years previous experience in supervisory/management role preferred
- Critical care experience in Trauma highly desired
- Current RN licensure by Texas Board of Nursing or a Board of Nursing from a compact state.
- Current BLS from the American Heart Association
- Current ACLS from the American Heart Association
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) Preferred