SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Graduate (RN) StaRN, Multiple Departments Available
Time, Various Shifts Available, 0.9 FTE
JFK Medical Center North Campus
West Palm Beach, FL
One family. Same exceptional care with access to a larger network of services. West Palm Hospital is now JFK Medical Center North Campus, an extension of your trusted JFK Medical Center family. By expanding our footprint, we are proud to offer you the best in comprehensive services and care.
Located in the heart of West Palm Beach, JFK North Campus is a 245-bed acute care facility with over 40 years’ experience in providing the highest quality of care to our community. Conveniently located right off I-95, and equipped with large private rooms, soothing environments and technologically advanced medical equipment, our comprehensive service offering not only establishes JFK North Campus as a premiere, full-service hospital but makes certain that our highly trained and caring staff is prepared to address the healthcare needs of those we serve.
The hospital employs over 600 full and part-time employees and over 900 members on its medical staff. With our top-notch specialists, state-of-the-art equipment, highly skilled and compassionate caring staff, we are committed to delivering pleasant patient experiences and positive medical outcomes.
JFK North Campus is accredited by the Joint Commission and holds designation as an Advanced Certified Primary Stroke Center. JFK North Campus is proud to be named a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (ACR). These distinctions are a direct result of our physicians and employees’ commitment to clinical excellence.
JFK North is a
member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital
Corporation of America. Historically HCA has been named one of Ethisphere’s
World’s Most Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of excellence!
JFK Medical Center North Campus is seeking exceptional, caring and compassionate new RN graduates to apply for our StarRN New Graduate program!
Join our 2019 HCA Nurse Residency Program!
The HCA Nurse Residency Program will provide education, support and guidance to new graduate nurses as they begin their careers in HCA Healthcare hospitals. It is a yearlong, extensive clinical orientation (StaRN) and professional development curriculum for new graduate nurses that culminates in an evidence-based capstone project.
StaRN (12 -16 weeks):
Specialty Training Apprenticeship for Registered Nurses
The StaRN Program is primarily designed to provide the graduate nurse with the tools necessary to succeed in today’s hospital environment.
StaRN will assist the graduate nurse with the transition out of the classroom setting onto the unit by providing the following training:
- Didactic training: introduces nurses to core curriculum and hospital initiatives in a classroom setting
- Simulation training: reinforces nursing skills learned in a didactic setting
- Hands on training: 6-8 weeks with a facility preceptor in a nursing unit
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) Certification
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) Dysrhythmia Interpretation
- NIH Stroke Scale Certification
The schedule during the first portion of the StaRN is Monday through Friday, 8-hours a day, 40 hours a week. The preceptorship portion of the program consists of three 12-hour shifts at the hospital. Attendance is mandatory for the entire program.
Professional Development Program (remaining 9 months):
- Paired with a trained mentor for integration and socialization into the culture of professional nursing
- Monthly resident seminars following a core curriculum for professional development
- Completion of an evidence-based poster presentation
- Obtain Charge Nurse and Preceptor skills
Program acceptance requires a minimum two (2) year, full time commitment to the hospital.
To learn more about HCA’s StaRN training and Nurse Residency program, click here to check out our video: HCA East Florida StaRN program
Units that typically hire StaRN residents include, but are not limited to:
- Medical Surgical
- Progressive Care/Stepdown
- Behavioral Health
- Recent (under 1 year) graduate of an accredited school
of professional nursing preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred
- FL RN Licensure, or Recognized Compact Licensure
(subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to
ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- Strong communication skills required
- Customer service abilities including effective
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent
standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of
patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds