**Sign On Bonus Available for Qualified Candidates!
Registered Nurse, PCU, Full-Time (.9 FTE), Days
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed acute-care hospital offering a full range of services. Lawnwood is home to the most experienced Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast and offers diagnostic, interventional and therapeutic care, including open-heart surgery. Other hospital services include a 24/7 emergency department, pediatric emergency department, labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, and a full range of inpatient and outpatient general surgical services. Lawnwood provides the area’s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Level II Trauma Center, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Comprehensive Stroke Center.
Lawnwood is accredited by The Joint Commission and designated as Certified Primary Stroke Center. Lawnwood’s Physical Rehabilitation Center is CARF accredited and, for 11 years in a row, the hospital is a Five-Star Recipient for the Treatment of Heart Attack by Healthgrades. At Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute, patients come first – no matter what!
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center is a member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.
60 Bed Unit: 1:5-6 RN to patient ratio
Most Common Diagnosis on this Unit: Stroke, Chest Pain and COPD
Procedures on this Unit: Thoracentesis, Paracentesis, Wound Debridement
Equipment used on this Unit: Bladder Scanner, Ultra Sound Doppler, Glucometer, Cardiac Monitors
Characteristics of desired candidates: Eager to learn, understands customer service, positive attitude, gets along well with others, able to multi-task, innovative and provide patient centered care.
The Progressive Care Unit at Lawnwood is moving in an innovative and positive direction to ensure that every patient has an excellent experience and staff have their voices heard.
Employee: Veronica, RN StaRN: “I’m a brand new RN and everyone is very helpful and willing to help me learn!”
We are looking for Kind, Caring and Compassionate staff to Join our Team!!
The PCU RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.