SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Conroe Regional Medical Center – Conroe, TX
Registered Nurse (PRN RN) – Labor & Delivery
Conroe Regional Medical Center is being recognized as a comprehensive regional tertiary referral center after expanding to 360 beds, a staff of 1,200 with over 250 physicians on staff. Both the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and the Emergency Department are Level III services - providing higher levels of care that are not readily available in many regions between Dallas and Houston. The recently opened and expanded Intensive Care and Cardiac Care Units provide state-of-the-art technology and monitoring for as many as 36 patients at a time. The objective of Conroe Regional Medical Center remains the same - to serve the people in the community who come to us for their healthcare needs. The focus continues to expand as we offer the entire region a convenient, quality location filled with educated, professional staff who can provide expert care using technologically advanced techniques and equipment right in their own backyard.
Conroe Regional Medical Center is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) – Labor & Delivery (L&D).
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients.
- Reassess patients on an on-going manner.
- Responsible for adhering to the hospital policies and procedures.
- Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess and improve the quality of patient care.
- Responsible for the application and advanced interpretation of maternal/fetal monitoring.
- Performs vaginal exams and identifies: a) presentation, b) dilatation, c) Station, d) effacement
- L&D nurses (not APU) are responsible for circulating for Cesarean Sections and Tubal Ligations.
- Assists physicians with procedures, as appropriate.
- Assumes the responsibility of charging the unit, as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining customer friendly atmosphere and compliance with “Refection of Excellence” standards.
- Models and reinforces behavior consistent with goals for teaching the patient, communicates patient status to appropriate member of the healthcare team, and provides support to the family, as needed.
- Minimum of one (1) year current Labor and Delivery experience. Fetal Monitoring preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. Current TX Licensure as an RN.
- Current BCLS certification from the American Heart Association required.
- Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program certification
- Acquires and maintains current ACLS certification.
- Acquires and maintains current HCA recommended Fetal Heart Monitoring competency
- Demonstrated knowledge of surgical aseptic techniques.