SHIFT: No Weekends
HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe
Nurse Manager (RN) – Operating Room
HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe is being recognized as a comprehensive regional tertiary referral center after expanding to 360 beds, a staff of 1,200 with over 250 physicians on staff.
Both the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and the Emergency Department are Level III services - providing higher levels of care that are not readily available in many regions between Dallas and Houston.
The recently opened and expanded Intensive Care and Cardiac Care Units provide state-of-the-art technology and monitoring for as many as 36 patients at a time.
HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe is currently looking for a Nurse Manager (RN) – Operating Room.
- Under the general supervision of the Director, the Nurse Manager assumes 24-hour responsibility for all functions of the unit.
- In collaboration with the Nurse Director and members of the Medical Staff, this individual is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in the Unit by all levels of practitioners.
- Initiates, guides, and directs the coordination of all Unit functions.
- Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff.
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided by the unit.
- Makes decisions regarding activities within these areas based on Hospital Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, Department of Nursing Standards, , collaborating with the Director in unusual situations.
- Current licensure in Texas as a Registered Nurse.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Professional Nursing.
- BSN is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of clinical practice in provision of clinical nursing in an OR setting is required with emphasis on leadership and management experience.
- BLS Certified
- CNOR is preferred.