Putnam Community Medical Center is hiring a Registered Nurse (RN) to join a dynamic team and top notch facility!
A 99-bed, acute care facility, located at 611 Zeagler Drive, in Palatka, provides the latest technology with the assurance of highly trained, caring professionals to the residents of Putnam County. The hospital serves North Central Florida with a full complement of quality healthcare services while maintaining cost-effectiveness.
The hospital provides individualized care directed to the specific needs of each patient. Putnam Community Medical Center offers an Intensive/Critical Care Unit, Step-Down Care Unit, Cardiac Cath Lab, medical and surgical units, family birthplace center, and a 24-hour emergency department. We also provide inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services.
The Labor and Delivery Unit consists of four LDR’s, Triage for antenatal testing, and one operating room. The Level 1 unit specializes in the care of the pregnant patient >12 weeks gestation. The age range of the clients served includes newborns, adolescents, and adults. Primary reasons for admission or observation include: evaluation and/or treatment of the obstetrical patient for any situation that may compromise the well-being of mother and fetus, as well as routine delivery and planned or emergent Cesarean Sections. Patients <35 weeks gestation will be triaged, stabilized, and transferred to the appropriate facility, as needed. The unit operates 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.
Patients labor, deliver, and recover in one room. The patient may be transferred to another room within the unit or stay in their labor and delivery room. Patients admitted for planned or emergent Cesarean Sections are admitted, delivered in the surgical suite on the unit, recovered in their postpartum room.
The Women's Services RN will work in Post Partum, Antenatal, OB, and Labor and Delivery.
- Support PCMC’s hallmarks of service excellence, patients advocacy, and quality for all job responsibilities
- In accordance with established regulations, policies, and procedures, Registered Nurses (RNs) provide and coordinate patient care through the plan of care, and goal achievement by the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the patients’ status. The RN also educates patients and the public about various health conditions, and provides emotional support to patients and their family members, collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members. RN’s are to abide by and practice in accordance with the standards of care set forth by state board of nursing, nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Consistently deliver the best in customer service and patient care. As a team member, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with patients, families, visitors and other employees
- Champion PCMC’s mission, vision and values; comply with the policies and procedures, ethical standards and code of conduct set forth by the company
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Identifies and monitors patient care requirements by recording and reporting symptoms and changes in patients' conditions. Record patients' medical information and vital signs. Administers medications as ordered.
- Consult and coordinate with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.