SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
HCA, the nation's largest and top performing healthcare system, is currently hiring COOs for opportunities within our hospitals in South Florida.
The Chief Operating Officer assumes line responsibility and authority for the administrative direction, evaluation, and coordination of the functions and activities of assigned departments within the hospital organization to ensure operation objectives and results are in accord with overall hospital needs. In the absence of the hospital CEO and/or as assigned, represents the CEO in the coordination of entire portions of the hospital organization, speaking and acting within the scope of objectives set forth in the practice and/or policy of the hospital.
The Chief Operating Officer is responsible to the Hospital CEO. The COO functions at an executive level in an active leadership role with the hospital’s governing body, medical staff leadership, hospital senior leadership and management team. Is directly responsible for managers overseeing departments and other service lines as assigned by the CEO. Is directly responsible for the improvement of the hospitals facilities in assigned areas, including construction or renovation of structures and the purchasing of new equipment. Responsible for department leaders in establishing a measure of performance, increase productivity, quality improvement, cost controls and efficient utilization of facilities.
Drives Operations by:
• Ensuring the consistent and effective execution of key systems and processes that make effective use of organizational resources.
• Leading a team or unit to enhance product or service quality; driving the business toward enhanced product or service quality.
• Creating a work environment in which employees committed to their organization and feel pride and job ownership.
• Building strategic alliances and partnerships within the organization to collaboratively execute business strategies.
• Creating an environment in which products and processes are designed to ensure customer satisfaction; effectively incorporating customer perspectives in all business activities.
• Contributing to the development of the organization’s strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall management of the organization.
Supports HCA by:
• Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
• Practicing and adhering to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
• Performing other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
• Master's degree healthcare, business or a related field
• 3+ years of experience in progressive acute care management and refined managerial skills as a COO or through the COO Development Program, or similar executive level experience.
Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
• Member of American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
• Fellow of American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Behaviors:
• Current knowledge of Joint Commission, state, and federal guidelines, regulations and standards. Required
• Demonstrated expertise in negotiation, coaching, and interpersonal skills. Required
• Skill in communicating information in an open and sincere manner that promotes credibility (e.g. honest answers to tough questions). Required
• Skill in recognizing strategic business opportunities resulting from changes in the economic, technological, political/legal, or social environments. Required
• Willingness to focus on employee development through exposure, experiences, and feedback. Required
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.