SHIFT: No Weekends
Up to 10K SIgn on Available
Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center is a 133-bed facility that opened June 7, 2010. SRMC provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services including emergency, women’s services, orthopedic, cardiac care and behavioral health services. Our surgical services include robotic-assisted technology, allowing our surgeons to operate with the tiniest incisions and with greater vision, precision and control.
At Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center we put patients first by focusing on the highest quality patient care practices and advanced technologies while keeping patient safety a top priority. You'll be treated as an individual, with compassion and care. Patients first means excellent service, every patient, every time.
- 4 Operating suites
- Davinci Robotics Program
- Self scheduling for call
- The cohesive team operates in a “Live Excellence Culture”.
- Outstanding Physician/Nurse relationship.
- Experienced and supportive leadership team that afford the opportunity for you to learn and grow.
What will you do?
- Assesses, plans and evaluates the nursing care needs of the patient before, during and after a surgical procedure.
- Provides nursing care to the patient undergoing surgical procedures.
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Participates in the care of patients receiving conscious sedation.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, applies dressing, monitors vital signs.
- Assists physician during procedures.
- Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Coordinates the operating room with respect to sterility, cleanliness, availability of functioning equipment and supplies.
- Ensures the proper handling of specimens.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Benefits we offer:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Disability Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Discount Program
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Tuition Reimbursement/Loan Repayment
Required: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Preferred: Enrolled in a bachelor’s of nursing program.
Required: Current Virginia license (or license pending state board approval).
Required: Current certification as an American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider.
Preferred: 2 years of experience in area of clinical expertise to which applying.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.