SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Why should you work at Johnston-Willis Hospital?
, a 292-bed acute care facility, is located in the upbeat, North Chesterfield area, a short drive from Chesterfield Town Center, offering an abundance of restaurants and shops. Johnston-Willis Hospital is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd
on Fortune’s 100, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
Awards and Designations:
- The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval
- Top Performer on surgical care, perinatal care, pneumonia, heart attack, and hip and knee replacement
- Johnston-Willis Hospital performs more da Vinci® robotic surgeries than any other single facility in Central Virginia
- First Hospital in Virginia to be designated as a Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery (COERS) by the Surgical Review Corporation.
Progressive Care Unit:
36 bed unit
Patient population ranges from acute renal failure, congestive heart failure, COPD exacerbation and other acute conditions
Overflow for Oncology, Neuro, Med/Surg, Women’s Health and others Units
The strong and committed leadership of the unit has developed a cohesive, friendly and supportive team that operates in a “Live Excellence Culture”
Benefits we offer:
Medical Insurance including Dental and Vision
Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Time Off
Employee Discount Program
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Student Loan/Tuition Reimbursement
What are your job functions as Department Assistant/Nursing Assistant?
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skill to provide care to patients under the direction of the professional nurse.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill to perform all patient record and transcription activities.
- Perform tasks on Meditech System proficiently.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers (patients, families, visitors, physicians and staff).
- Function in an organized and time conscious manner.
- Present self in a professional manner.
- Successful completion of a nursing assistant training program or Nursing Fundamentals course (for student nurses): preferred.
- Licensed or eligible by the Virginia Board of Nursing as a Nursing Assistant (preferred)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- Previous Unit Secretary experience preferred
- Recent computer experience; data entry and retrieval; Experience with medical terminology;
- Part Time
- Weekend day shift position
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.