SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
We Want You!
One Company Many Careers! If you've been looking for a Med Surg Nursing career where you have work-life balance, work with a committed team putting patient care at the heart of each day, then look no further than Henrico Doctors’ Hospital.
Henrico Doctors’ Hospital is a 340-bed community hospital offering a full range of healthcare services. We specialize in heart and stroke care, women's health, orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center and as part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery, we lead the state in minimally-invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries.
Click here to learn more from our staff on the Medical Care Unit.
The Medical Care Unit RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
• Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
• Carries out physician orders.
• Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs.
• Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
Additional Information on Medical Care Unit :
• The Medical Care Unit provides care to adults who are hospitalized with a wide variety of conditions, including fever of an unknown origin, kidney failure, GI complaints and failure to thrive.
• The unit has the ability to care for 21 patients requiring telemetry, in all newly renovated private rooms. Our nursing staff has a wide range of training and experience, providing treatment for those ranging in age from the young adult to end of life patients.
• Our nurses take pride in the fact that we provide care with respect for human dignity. We believe that each patient has the right to receive quality care based on individual needs and age requirements. Patients and their families are involved in establishing priorities for care that best meet the patients’ needs.
• Professionalism, compassionate care, and a commitment to continuous improvement are key qualities of our nursing staff.
• Staff members regularly participate in educational activities to maintain competence, gain new knowledge and develop advanced skills.
• Current licensure as an RN
• Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
• Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
• Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
• Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment greater than 50 pounds.
TRAITS OF A HCA NURSE
• Sense of Humor
• Positive Attitude
• Critical Thinker
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.